Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#23411 - 02/05/04 11:48 PM Re: On a related space/survival topic...
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

sovietski.com sells the spetsnatz survival tool and a few aviation items. The MIG survival book is in print and a frequent item on EBAY.There have been infrequent and expensive sets of Mig survival gear on EBAY. I handled several items while in Alaska. Typically, the gear is simple and robust, almost crude and sometimes real scary to contemplate using. But then, some of our gear fit that description.

#23412 - 03/24/04 07:39 PM Re: Saluting our Favorite Space Expl. Movies!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Mine are "Apollo 13"!, and "Marooned!" There are Doubtless Others!

Which Don't Immeadiately Come to Mind Right Now! As I've said on my "Favorite Outdoors and Survival Movies!" Post on the Survival Forum, -the Inspiration for this Space One as well! -I'm Gonna First Have to Dig Up that Movie Book! For Such Others! But They Too are Great and Special So! I'll Get Back with you on Those sometime, as well!

But "Apollo 13" has Got to be It! It, Along with "True Grit" of which it Co-Places!, -is by Far my Very Favorite!, Most Special, Number One Movie of All Time! I've Enjoyably Viewed and Studied it in Depth!, some 30 or More Times! Mostly at the Quality Discount Theaters. Apollo 13 is just That Personally Special to me!

I Personally Remember the Mission Very Distinctly and Well! As a 12 Year Old Avid Space Watcher!, Back in my Personal "Golden Time"!

As I've said Before, -This also Ruffly Coincides with that Utterly Miserable!, Rain Soaked Scout Campout Experience of Mine! My First such One, of which I've Learned so Much about Preparedness! Most Notably of Rain Protection!!!

Speaking of Marrooned!, -Those Guys were Truly Marooned Out There in Space!, -Deep Space! They Almost Didn't Make it Back! On Numerous Mission Occasions!

Partly Out of my Not now Having, the generally Full Apollo 13 Spirit and Basics Immeadiately At Hand!, -I Won't Get into Such here. That will basically Come in a Future Apollo 13 Post, within this Space Resolve Thread.

But as the Movie Relates Quite Very Well!, Jim Lovell and Crew's Story!, is Quite a Real Life Survival Story! -Space Survival!

By the Way, -On the Real Mission, -They Didn't Have the "Space Fight" that Freddo Haise and Swigert Got into in the Movie! Though Cross Moments and the Like I'm Sure may well also have Occurred. That Movie Scene was a Hollywoodization! But Take it from Someone Who Knows Apollo, Space, and the Mission! This Movie *Is* Very Right On Faithful!, -to the Real Mission! Both In Substance and Spirit! For the Very Most Part! Though various Other Hollywoodizations are Sprinkled in as well. Mattingly Did Really Get Bumped on the Real Life Mission, and Replaced by Swigert! Haise Really Got as Sick as a Dog! Those are No Hollywoodizations!

Jim Lovell, by the Way, -Has Long and Always been my Favorite Astronaut! Even Independent of Apollo 13! He is and Has Always Been!, One of NASA's and America's Very Best!

The *Real* James Lovell of Today actually Does Play a Cameo Role in the Movie Itself! Towards it's End, He is the Skipper of the Recovery Carrier, the USS Iwo Jima, Saluting and Greeting the Returning Astronauts. This has been an Avocational Dream!, of Real Life US Naval Officer Captain James Lovell. He Got to Finally Fulfill it in a Way!, in this Movie!

More on the Entire Flavor, Urgency, True Heroism, and Spirit of Apollo 13, Will Come in a Future Post!

1975's "Marrooned"!, -also is a Very Fondly Enjoyed, Beloved, and Specially Valued Space Movie of Mine! It's Got to be Quite Up There!, with "Apollo 13"!

"Apollo13" and "Marooned", are Right off the Bat!, -My Own Two Favorite Space Exploration and Development Movies! "Apollo 13", once again, which is in Co-Number One Place with "True Grit", -*Is* Moreover my Favorite and Most Special, Number One Movie of Any Sort!, -Of All Time! These Happen to be Mine!, What, if Any, May be Some of Your's?!

PS Additional,- Connecting some 2 Plus 2 = 4 "Dots", Between Favorite Space Movies, and my Favorite Survival and Outdoors Ones from which the Space Ones have Sprung!- -I Fondly Wonder How an Apollo Moon Mission Movie would Be!, if it Had John Wayne as it's Moonwalking Commander! He's of course Played Many Other Heroic, All American Values Roles!, Besides just Western Ones Alone! To Command an Apollo Moon Landing Mission! (Moviewise Only!), -Would Be Right Down his Alley! I Would just Love to See It! Evidently No One's ever Thot of This either! Of course even in a Movie, You Can't Totally Run a Highly Technical, Exacting, Apollo Moon Mission!, -in that Off the Cuff!, Shoot From the Hip!, John Wayne sort of a Way! But Otherwise it would be Great! And I Really would Love to Have Been Able to See Such! John Wayne Commanding a (Cinematic) Apollo Moon Mission! Wouldn't That have been Really Something!

[color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (03/24/04 08:02 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.