Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#233291 - 10/05/11 06:57 PM SWAT team prevents money withdrawal.
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db_P0wHsSz0

Quote:
From what we can gather, according to eye witness testimony, St. Louis PD has barricaded the Bank of America building and is refusing customer access to deposits.

Eye witness account:

'They would not let me get past that barricade, where those three guys are. I talked to the liutenant of the St. Louis Police Department - and he said they [customers?] don't have a legal right - but he was going to try to work out something, a symbolic gesture where eight people to pull out their money, I being one of them.'

He came back later and said they [BofA] will not go along with that. You will have to withdraw your money online.'

Note that the Bank of America web site has been intermittently in and out of service for the last 72 hours, making it difficult, if not impossible for customers to access their accounts.

Is this really happening?

This sort of talk could start a Bank Run. (That's if you can get past the SWAT team!! crazy )

#233293 - 10/05/11 07:11 PM Re: SWAT team prevents money withdrawal. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
This doesn't get me riled up. He can withdraw his CD online. Also, someone can withdraw cash from another ATM, or write a check somewhere. If B of A restricted ALL reasonable ways for customers to get to their money, then there's a problem.

#233297 - 10/05/11 07:24 PM Re: SWAT team prevents money withdrawal. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Quote:
Is this really happening?

I don't think so. Look at the source site: http://www.SHTFplan.com

I'm suspecting it is a dramatization of what COULD happen.

Do you remember hearing about the radio dramatization of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds on 10-30-1938?

If people aren't scared enough, start a panic.

Sue

#233301 - 10/05/11 08:26 PM Re: SWAT team prevents money withdrawal. [Re: Susan]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
I don't think so.

I think your right on this one. The video just chimed in with some other happens such as the US Debt jumping by $142 thousand million USD in the space of 2 days.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-starts-...crease-two-days

Also the video being posted on 4th October would have occurred when the millions lost their Internet service in the UK. (For those in the know, one of four RAS servers (Birmingham) on the BT domain went down after apparently losing power, which was basically unheard of before). It wasn't an Internet Kill switch dry run of course. That would be the equivalent of running out of ticker tape in the 1920/30s whilst screaming 'sell, sell, sell'. whistle

That was some quite convincing acting though.. wink

Quote:
Do you remember hearing about the radio dramatization of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds on 10-30-1938?

An Invasion from Mars is off course just as improbably as the whole house of financial cards come crashing down... whistle

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/05/11 08:26 PM)

#233302 - 10/05/11 08:26 PM Re: SWAT team prevents money withdrawal. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
To be charitable, the authenticity of this "event" is somewhat dubious. Historically, when banks have to deal with a run, they close their doors - no need for police involvement.

Calling in the SWAT team raises several legal, even Constitutional, issues.

#233303 - 10/05/11 08:44 PM Re: SWAT team prevents money withdrawal. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Nothing to see here, folks.
-Sheriff Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 277 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by clearwater
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.