The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#232110 - 09/14/11 04:04 AM Knife control in Boston
Bingley Offline
Veteran

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Knife...aid=Pr5zu0F9L-k

Bravo, Mr. Ritter, for getting on top of this!

Da Bing

#232116 - 09/14/11 01:14 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
From the article: "...law enforcement officials testified that 'the modern way of approaching these issues is to go after the source of the items rather than the criminals themselves.'"

LOVE IT! It's so stupid and mindless that it boggles the mind.

Sue

#232118 - 09/14/11 01:39 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
celler Offline
Addict

Loc: Jupiter, FL
Be ever vigilant. This utterly insane, unconstitutional, and dictatorial garbage could easily come to a municipality near you.

#232120 - 09/14/11 02:08 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Susan]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Susan
From the article: "...law enforcement officials testified that 'the modern way of approaching these issues is to go after the source of the items rather than the criminals themselves.'"

Some bankers commit large-scale crimes with money. Wonder when the government will wise up and go after the source of money rather than the criminals themselves.

Not that I want to trivialize this, but my understanding is that this sort of prohibition on tools extends to stuff like crowbars. Maybe you guys know more, but my understanding is that if you are found with a crowbar, and you don't have a legitimate reason (e.g., a construction worker at work), then the tool would be regarded as evidence that you're up to no good (planning breaking & entering, e.g.). Now, I happen to have a crowbar in my bugout kit. That makes me worried.

Da Bing

#232121 - 09/14/11 02:40 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
speedemon Offline
Journeyman

So what exactly do they hope to accomplish? Or is this still at the "angry mob demands action, any action" phase?

Regardless of what the politicians do to appease the crowd, anybody could still go to walmart and buy a kitchen knife with an 8" blade. It always amazes me the lack of common sense that comes with efforts to ban knives/guns/whatever (especially knives).

#232122 - 09/14/11 02:41 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

A very strange state of affairs. Thousands of high powered assualt rifles are shipped to criminal drugs cartels (whose main line of business is the import of elicit drugs into the USA) in Mexico by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Operation Operation Fast and Furious, which resulted in these weapons finding their way back onto the city streets in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fast_and_Furious

Yet it would appear there is no public outrage in the USA over these criminal actions by US Government Federal law enforcement agencies, but OMG a law abiding citizen carrying a 3 inch folding knife without good reason to do so.... eek

A bizarre and worrying state of affairs as the propagation of fear grips the nation.

Quote:
Now, I happen to have a crowbar in my bugout kit. That makes me worried.

I guess you just have to just take into consideration the level of corruption and criminality that is currently established in the your local government and police force as well as the level of knife, gun and violent crime. They are all factors which must be considered before venturing out whilst 'tooled' up.

#232127 - 09/14/11 05:06 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Bingley
Not that I want to trivialize this, but my understanding is that this sort of prohibition on tools extends to stuff like crowbars. Maybe you guys know more, but my understanding is that if you are found with a crowbar, and you don't have a legitimate reason (e.g., a construction worker at work), then the tool would be regarded as evidence that you're up to no good (planning breaking & entering, e.g.).

This is not good. I have a tire-changing tool mounted underneath my spare tire.

Jeanette Isabelle

#232132 - 09/14/11 05:27 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
The article is painful to read. It's a shame it even needed to be written.

#232147 - 09/14/11 08:30 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

Never underestimate the government's capacity for idiocy.

I wonder how many violent crimes that baseball bats have been associated with, and whether there's ever been talk of blaming Louisville Slugger or questioning the average person's need for a baseball bat.

Citizens should probably only be trusted with Nerf bats and wiffle balls.

I have been advised that I should not carry a baseball bat in my car without it being accompanied by a glove, ball and perhaps cleats.

#232155 - 09/14/11 09:42 PM Re: Knife control in Boston [Re: Bingley]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
A couple of winters ago, I passed a poor dead (HBC) cat alongside the road, frozen solid.

AN EMERGENCY WEAPON!

Just wait until the Bureaucrats Against Dead Cats as Weapons finds out about it.

Sue

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (brandtb), 225 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Today at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.