Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#230299 - 08/22/11 11:07 PM Re: New Ribz front pack now out [Re: JBMat]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: JBMat
I'll admit, not a fan, but have these questions.

1. What happens when you fall forward onto the RIBZ?
Both to your stuff and you. It looks like it would be painful.

2. Is there backing on the pockets to allow for airflow?

Looks to me like you are replacing one item (Camelback daypack) with two items, the Ribz and the Camelback w/o storage.

I think I'll stick with my C'back daypack.

I'm assuming that when falling forward you have a better chance of bracing yourself therefore reducing impact. But still, I'm not keeping sharp objects in it.

As AFL said no airflow backing.

As I said I usually have my dog with me and he's never off leash so it's nice to be able to access the pockets wihtout having to tie him off somewhere so I can get to my pack.

We'll see how it works over the long run.

The straps could be improved.

#230304 - 08/22/11 11:33 PM Re: New Ribz front pack now out [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Ribz. I haven't had a chance to test mine yet.

I'd love to see your customizations after your finished with them.

HJ

Jim, I just tried a couple of options with the water bottles. The small sack that the Ribz ships with holds a 1 LT Nalgene bottle with a little room to spare. On the sack, there is a small ring that a carbiner can fit through and I attached this to the left back strap. I found that the weight of the bottle pulled the Ribz down on a angle that made it a bit uncomfortable to wear. I adjusted the straps some so that Ribz rode a little lower and helped a bit but still an idea setup.

Next I tried a 750 ML bottle in a small sleeve I already have and attached in the same manner as the above. This was much better due to the lighter weight of the bottle but still not to my liking.

Next option is to attach the bottle sleeve just to the outer side of the small front, zippered outer pocket. This may just center the weight of the water and bottle so that it does not pull down on an angle towards the back as much. This will have to wait until tomorrow as it is time to go swim some lengths at the pool.

John Lubbock

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 295 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.