Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#230279 - 08/22/11 08:55 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: ireckon]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Do you ever setup a hammock? It looks like you could have done it here.

By the way, that sunset pic is incredible. I glanced over it the first time because of the other pics. What camera is it?

I have really never got the hang of a hammock, I just don't particularly like the restrictive feel and the idea of falling out of one. I'm even beginning to move away from mummy type sleeping bags.

The camera was an old Casio EX-Z1050

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-EX-Z1050-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000MVWEHY

Here is the raw photo before resizing;

http://www.amfearliathmor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CIMG0446.JPG

#230291 - 08/22/11 10:40 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

Good to know Teslinhiker, I had took pictures of me walking in the trails but never played with doing video. I guess that does pose much of a burden when going solo.

#230298 - 08/22/11 11:05 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
I don't think a solo video is difficult. Just set up your video camera on a tripod, press record and stand there and do your thing when it's not windy. I've done this before. It's fully unprofessional, but it works and is a million times better than describing something with text. Try to make each take no more than 7 minutes, which is about the limit of my attention span for a Youtube video.

Don't even worry about editing. Just pick your best take, and post it on Youtube. Nobody's paying you because you're not Les Stroud. The people who matter will appreciate the video. Everybody else doesn't matter. I'd disable voting because I wouldn't care what all the couch potatoes thought.

#230302 - 08/22/11 11:18 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: ireckon]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: ireckon
I don't think a solo video would be that hard. Set up your camera on a tripod, press record and stand there and do your thing when it's not windy. Try to make each take no more than 7 minutes, which is about the limit of my attention span for a Youtube video.

It really depends on what you are attempting to capture on video. If you are doing a gear review while just standing or sitting in your backyard or the local park then it is easy to do multiple retakes until you get it right.

On the other hand, making more in-depth videos of actually using your kit and gear out in the field and at the same time providing a decent narrative is much more difficult to accomplish when you are doing it all solo.

John Lubbock

#230322 - 08/23/11 05:34 AM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
i tried a youtube as a canoe gear layout,it's tricky to get everything set up and out so you can see it.you might end up with just a bunch a stuff bags that you point at and say..shirt,pants,hat--without really showing the shirt,pants,hat.
things like lighting,camera angles and even a script have to be done right or it turns out as a dark shaky blur with to much "ya know" "hummm"..to fast to slow.or worse it could just be taken as a "so what" by the viewers.ok he has a sparklight and a ax and can make a tarp out of a poncho--and--and??..except for some videos i posted at youtube out on the canoe trips of sunsets and dismal days under the tarp whining about the rain i left the gear layout tries i did at home on the cutting room floor.at the tube i'm wetcanoedog--please be kind....

#230329 - 08/23/11 12:18 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

I wonder if those helmet cams you always see would be any good. At least they are compact and waterproof.

#230335 - 08/23/11 03:33 PM Re: Trying to produce a Youtube BOB video [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
the problem with helmet cams is that you get too much movement.to make something watchable you have to zero in on the subject.
you want something like Americas Test Kitchens and not Blair Witch Project--i'm sure there is a Youtube about how to make a Youtube.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (NAro), 270 Guests and 77 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.