Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#221010 - 04/06/11 02:53 PM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: paramedicpete]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I agree with you on The millenium bars-Vanilla,Lemon,Pina Colada,Orange,Cherry & the packaging makes them Tougher'n nails,They're multi-use too,You can play Hockey or Baseball/Cricket with them or use as a Baton for Kindling,then sit down and have a decent dose of Flavored Protein,without that funky aftertaste normally associated with the other type of Ration bars!I have these dispersed thruout my bags/kits!

#221038 - 04/07/11 12:08 AM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Phaedrus]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Meh, I've had a few different Cliff bars and they're all to sweet for me. But the packaging is pretty robust. Take sunflower seeds for example. A 3.5 oz bag of sunflower kernels has 595 calories, and 525 calories is from fat! I think that's outstanding............carbs might be easier to access but the energy from fat will last longer. Plus it satisfies your hunger better IMOHO. Nuts pack a lot of nutrients and calories for a small amount of bulk, plus they generally keep pretty well. You will need a bit more water to process them though.

I agree with you on the sweet and carb issue. I maintain my weight by exercise and controlling simple carbs in my diet. I gave up Clif Bars for that reason. I tried something new (to me) recently. An Atkins 'Sweet and Salty Almond Crunch' bar. It is 1.4 oz (40gr)has 7gr protein, 1 gr sugar, and 4gr net carbs. It has 200 calories of food energy, 140 cal from the healthy fats from nuts and sunflower seeds. It costs a buck, is lightweight, tastes good (especially with coffee or tea), and keeps for months in its mylar packaging. If you buy a package and don't like them, I would be happy to eat the rest for you.

#221042 - 04/07/11 12:46 AM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Frisket]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have a major sweet tooth so cliff bars have always been a favorite.

I also like zone perfect bars. They've got a good nutritional breakdown at 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fat, but with 210 calories they don't pack as much punch as cliffs.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#222891 - 05/04/11 04:42 PM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Frisket]
digimark Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chesapeake Beach, MD
Wouldn't the point of the Datrex/Mainstay bars be that they will keep you alive but be unappetizing enough that you wouldn't be otherwise tempted to eat them from boredom or on a day hike, thus they'd be there in a real SHTF emergency?

When I use something in my kit, there's sometimes a delay before I restock. Sometime that delay is longer than others. Etc.

#222895 - 05/04/11 06:06 PM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

That is like saying "Lets produce a hammer that is so uncomfortable so that people will know this is only to be used when you really really need it" Its Insane to think such a strategy would be a companies main goal. Powerbars are not for every day snacking and yet they taste decent enough for such and there is no outrage towards them.

#222955 - 05/05/11 05:09 AM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Frisket]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I gotta admit, I will seriously wreck a package of Datrex bars if I open them. For whatever reason I just love 'em! The only times I've ever eaten them was when I first bought them and then as the package gets to be within a year or two of the expiration date. Once I even tried some that were maybe slightly past that date and they were still tasty. They have a coconut cookie taste that I really love. I dunno why... blush

#222960 - 05/05/11 06:30 AM Re: A Quick Review On Mayday Apple Cinn Ration Bars [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Sadly Im still trying to find my spare mayday bar to make into hot cereal.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (jds), 546 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by jds
40 minutes 58 seconds ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.