That's gratifying to hear that people are getting something out of the information that I'm putting together.

I was fortunate that my first canister stove was an Optimus. Optimus canisters aren't sold in my area, so from the very start I was forced to buy canisters that were of a different brand than the stove I was using them on. The threaded backpacking canisters are all 7/16ths UNEF (unless you've got something very old and very oddball). Some brands are better for winter use than others, but in weather above 40F/4C, all brands are pretty much the same.

I hope you'll like the WindPro. She's a good, stable stove, and and as the name implies, a good stove to have in windy conditions. She's basically like your Whisperlite only a bit lighter and operates on canisters. In conditions under 40F/4C, invert the canister while the stove is on low flame, and she'll run in liquid feed mode, a mode that should work down to 0F/-18C or lower without having to do any "tricks" to keep the canister warm.

HJ