So I watched the latest epi, when the two newbies showed up. Now this is where I think we can really see the production aspects of the show. I don't think there is a chance in hell that after the intrusions they've had the first couple weeks they would just offer up lodging they way they did. I am willing to bet they were told at some point very soon they would have to accept other people in the group.

Regarding the decision making process, I do think in any group, be it a family, a sports team, a hiking group or The Colony, there needs to be one person that the group looks to for deference. Not dictatorship but someone willing to take all information and direction under consideration and make decisions in the best interest of the group. Everyone has a say, but there is only one head.

While I don't think a forge takes priority over basic first level securing of the premise, (plug the holes)that machete was pretty cool and the ability to incorporate metal into the security system is excellent.

Would you have traded away all your medical supplies for a genny? Would you trade to gain soap? No right or wrong, just asking.

One thing regarding the teaser for next week. As soon as the Colonists walked up to that building and there was a makeshift curtain over an outside door, I think they should have realized that others could still be there. So taking the items they did when the 3 men showed up and trying to run off with it is something I would not have condoned. It was no longer scavenging, it was stealing. Far better to leave it, apologize, try to establish a relationship and set up a network of support than another potential enemy. Unless the mens hostility did not abate and then the defense was for their safety not for goods they took.