Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#201636 - 05/11/10 02:01 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Blast-
Incinerating toilets have been around for a long time-my dad got one for the camp back in the sixties.
EPA notes here: http://www.epa.gov/owm/mtb/incinera.pdf

These items are propane fired, and reduce waste to a (foul-smelling) vapor and sterile gray ash.

With your expertise in high temperature, high pressure chemistry and natural pyrotechnic ability, I bet that you could create a wood-fired, acetylene-powered or ANFO-based incinerating portable latrine that would forever eliminate your burden of latrine-cleansing duties, warm the tent, light up the sky and scare away the predators, while marking your territory and amusing your daughters.

The Blast Commode? The DR Personal Survival Toilet? The Thunder Mug?

#201638 - 05/11/10 03:12 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: nursemike]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: nursemike
Blast-
Incinerating toilets have been around for a long time-my dad got one for the camp back in the sixties.
EPA notes here: http://www.epa.gov/owm/mtb/incinera.pdf

These items are propane fired, and reduce waste to a (foul-smelling) vapor and sterile gray ash.

With your expertise in high temperature, high pressure chemistry and natural pyrotechnic ability, I bet that you could create a wood-fired, acetylene-powered or ANFO-based incinerating portable latrine that would forever eliminate your burden of latrine-cleansing duties, warm the tent, light up the sky and scare away the predators, while marking your territory and amusing your daughters.

The Blast Commode? The DR Personal Survival Toilet? The Thunder Mug?

I really like the idea. However, reading through the paper it says it requires ~4.5 hours to burn up the deposited material. You get ten ladies ages 4-notallowedtosay together and see if they all can go that long without needing a toilet.

Hmm, then again, none of those incindary toilets used thermite...
This requires more thought.

-Blast

p.s. Obviously it would be called the Thunder Throne!

Edited by Blast (05/11/10 03:13 PM)
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201640 - 05/11/10 03:21 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
The neighbors at the camp also got a destoilet. They had 4 pre-teen daughters; the destroilet cycled so ofetn that the wiring melted. how about a carbide cannon-based system that (forgive me) blasts the products at high velocity into the atmosphere, simultanously disposing of the waste, fertilizing the earth, and clearing nearby runways of birds.

#201641 - 05/11/10 03:42 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: nursemike]
speedemon Offline
Journeyman

Thermite powered toilet?

Turn your waste into glass in mere seconds!!!

#201651 - 05/11/10 08:12 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: speedemon]
Compugeek Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, CA
Heh!

I expected something involving explosives or incendiaries and thermal power supplies.

Great pics, Blast!

#201670 - 05/12/10 02:38 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Compugeek]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Thanks! I just finished a complete write-up of the event on my blog.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201672 - 05/12/10 10:04 AM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
I have a 3 state traveling job and I drive right by the Sportsman Guide warehouse once a week. They have a clearance store attached smile. I would really appreciate if you guys would order a lot of cool stuff, open it and then return it so I can buy it for half price. It was a cold rainy day last week, and I was wandering around in there. For the first time(even though tempted by a camo cap I carried around for a while)I left empty handed. Should I seek professional help?

#201674 - 05/12/10 12:06 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
airballrad Offline
Gear Junkie
Enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
I have a 3 state traveling job and I drive right by the Sportsman Guide warehouse once a week.

I am jealous! I get in enough trouble with the Walmart and the local sporting goods chain store. I can only imagine how much stuff I would buy if I could WALK to SG.

On Topic: Blast; looks like an awesome trip. I am planning a backyard "camping trip" soon to get my kids warmed to the idea...

#201678 - 05/12/10 02:44 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Compugeek Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, CA
I read your blog occasionally (same as I read any blog), and enjoy it quite a bit!

It could use more cat, though.

#201698 - 05/12/10 06:53 PM Re: Recharging Batteries Blast-style [Re: Blast]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
It looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 516 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.