Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#201718 - 05/13/10 03:34 AM Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos.
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
what a post subject title that turned out to be!..maybe like TEOTWAWKI i could have just put CCSCOGP..humm that looks like a old Russian spy outfit..so anyway it's not all doom and gloom out there, the Midwest-Quad State--camp stove collectors group had a camp out and show-and-tell at Wyalusing State Park near Prairie de Chien Wisconsin.it was a great group and the best part was that no one was trying to outshine anyone else,none of that "my dog is bigger than your dog" stuff.we all share an interest in not only old stoves but old gear in general.i whipped up a huge pot of spaghetti which got rave reviews,another fellow came up with many-many bottles of local micro brews and the next AM the retired truck driver served up a...of course..truck drivers breakfast..hash browns,heaps of bacon,scrambled eggs and pots of coffee.the guy who came down from Canada introduced us to Lemon Curd and some sort of Ginger Jam.everyone said there was just not enough time to get in everything we wanted to do so we said Quad State Two will be in the works.i'll just post the photos without comment as they speak for them self.

the last three photos are some gear that was just gifted to me!!!..i had a few things i handed out but these were beyond just trinkets,the tarp and hanging stove will be canoe trip gear.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/WETCANOEDOG/17%20DAYS/P5010042Small2.jpg[/img]

great group i suggest you have a look at Classic Camp Stoves at spiritburner.com

Edited by CANOEDOGS (05/13/10 07:38 PM)

#201723 - 05/13/10 10:43 AM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Photo four would make a great camping cookbook cover. What a great collection of old gear, and a cool story to go with it! I've never seen a stove like the one in the bottom picture. Puts me into 'camping mode' in spite of the cold rainy weather we have had for much of this month. Thank you for posting this.

#201727 - 05/13/10 12:41 PM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Wow, what an awesome get-together! Those pictures are great, I keep hoping I find a garage sale that looks like that. :-)

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201728 - 05/13/10 12:42 PM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: Blast]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

What's that little tan tent in the corner of the 8th picture? I like it's looks.

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#201766 - 05/13/10 07:30 PM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: Blast]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I've seen yard sale tables like that, but just as I'm handing over the cash ... I wake up! Argh!

Thanks for the pics, Canoedogs. I love all that old brass.

#201767 - 05/13/10 07:31 PM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: Blast]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
Hi Guys..some of that stuff was for sale.after i had to leave in the afternoon the other folks in the camping area came over and bought some of those stoves.the old Coleman lamps were a hot item,some of them pre WW2 with brass tanks and such.Blast,here is another shot of that tent.it's mine and it's the first self standing tent Eureka made,it's so old it's labeled Draw Tight.
Byrd--that old two burner is made for use on a boat,thats what rails around the top are for.it's missing the burner caps that go over those tubes but i know where to get new ones.it looks like one photo on the first post did not come thru,i'll try again..

Blast..a better shot set up in my yard.not survival gear but in like new shape.

#201793 - 05/14/10 01:14 AM Re: Classic Camp Stove Camp Out Gear Photos. [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Wow, that's a lot of metal for such a small tent.
-Blast

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 269 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.