Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#192310 - 12/31/09 11:25 PM Re: Tricky Situation [Re: dougwalkabout]
GarlyDog Offline
τΏτ
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
It may not be your personal favourite item, but be honest: is this a hill you want to die on? It's too darn easy to poison family relations; and it's a vertical climb to set things right.

IMO, you should be gracious and make a point of finding a use for it (if only to organize your tax receipts or vacuum cleaner attachments). And casually let people know you are using it. What's the cost to you? Nothing, really. Same as the cost of a smile, a wave to a courteous driver, or a kind word to a sales clerk. Think of it as an investment in future good relations, that will pay off when something big and difficult comes up.

Sage advice.

#192313 - 12/31/09 11:51 PM Re: Tricky Situation [Re: NAro]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
Now you're talking, make some lemonade from those lemons. I bought a largish plastic container that for the longest time I couldn't make suitable to hold anything - it was cheap at Home Depot, and while it had a solid hinge the top didn't come together neatly with the bottom, and there was no o-ring to keep water from getting into the contents (although there is a lip where you could put one). One day I ran across a replacement $4 o-ring for a Pelican case that fit perfectly, and the thing is now water tight. It sits by the backdoor off our bedroom, holds cold and wet weather gear (fleece and rain jackets, hats, pants, etc) - if we find ourselves leaving the house very suddenly I can grab the container and pull it out the door, and anyone who is standing in the rain or snow can gear up and get warm. I now wish I'd bought two...

#192472 - 01/02/10 10:01 PM Re: Tricky Situation [Re: MoBOB]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I build and maintain kits for a lot of people. I've got a tool box that contains things like stocks of fishing kit parts, a couple boxes of dipped matches and some spare match cases, fire straws, FAK components, that kind of thing. I've got dedicated tool boxes for my truck's tool kit, my electronics kit ("shock box"), gun cleaning and knife sharpening, et al.

Special tools and parts call for a special tool/parts box.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 266 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.