Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#187136 - 11/01/09 02:33 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Redbeard]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: Redbeard
our front yard became a graveyard...:)

oh my god, i'm in stitches!

this was a good night.
the neighborhood where some of my SCA buddies live is PERFECT for the Shape, looks just like Haddonfield. i finally got to put my Samhain to use, and i kept my cellphone in my pocket to play my Halloween Theme ringtone whenever i approached a group. that was a great touch.
i had a great time stalking the few older trick-or-treaters we got. best group was two girls and a guess their boyfriends. the girls went up to the porch for the candy, the guys being too cool for such things. i crept up behind them, silent as the Shape itself, they turned around froze for a good three seconds. one girl made a run for it when i started toward her friend, who jumped over porch ledge(three feet high MAYBE, don't worry) when i came after her. :lol the BFF Abandoner was HOT too, tall, athletic judgin from her leg, dressed as a gothy witch with a split dress(i know there's a term for it but i dunno it). i then followed them for about three houses, until they turned down the next street.
one of my friends said my mask was "positively terrifying."
i just wish there'd been more teenagers; i don't chase the wee ones cuz i'd feel like an a***ole. one little girl, though, not scared at all. her dad said she lurves Michael, thinks he's, like, her bestest friend. so i signed her candy bag with a sharpie.
another, sort of a cross between a ninja and on angel. beat me(ie. barely touched) with her plastic knife and i fell over dead until her daddy told her to say "hocus pocus you're alive," then i sat straight up, turned my head towards her, and gave her some more candy. adorable.
it was great a few times being a "lawn decoration" and then turning suddenly when they were about a foot away.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#187143 - 11/01/09 05:05 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Erik_B]
Redbeard Offline
Stranger

Loc: CA state of confusion
Originally Posted By: Erik_B
Originally Posted By: Redbeard
our front yard became a graveyard...:)

oh my god, i'm in stitches!

this was a good night.
the neighborhood where some of my SCA buddies live is PERFECT for the Shape, looks just like Haddonfield. i finally got to put my Samhain to use, and i kept my cellphone in my pocket to play my Halloween Theme ringtone whenever i approached a group. that was a great touch.
i had a great time stalking the few older trick-or-treaters we got. best group was two girls and a guess their boyfriends. the girls went up to the porch for the candy, the guys being too cool for such things. i crept up behind them, silent as the Shape itself, they turned around froze for a good three seconds. one girl made a run for it when i started toward her friend, who jumped over porch ledge(three feet high MAYBE, don't worry) when i came after her. :lol the BFF Abandoner was HOT too, tall, athletic judgin from her leg, dressed as a gothy witch with a split dress(i know there's a term for it but i dunno it). i then followed them for about three houses, until they turned down the next street.
one of my friends said my mask was "positively terrifying."
i just wish there'd been more teenagers; i don't chase the wee ones cuz i'd feel like an a***ole. one little girl, though, not scared at all. her dad said she lurves Michael, thinks he's, like, her bestest friend. so i signed her candy bag with a sharpie.
another, sort of a cross between a ninja and on angel. beat me(ie. barely touched) with her plastic knife and i fell over dead until her daddy told her to say "hocus pocus you're alive," then i sat straight up, turned my head towards her, and gave her some more candy. adorable.
it was great a few times being a "lawn decoration" and then turning suddenly when they were about a foot away.

that's good stuff! glad someone had a blast!

overall our Halloween was very subdued due to my daughters best friend losing her brother the day before. we put out basic decorations, handed out candy, and my youngest decided she didn't even want to go trick or treating since her sis was out comforting her friend...dang, i have 2 amazing kids.

#187149 - 11/01/09 07:04 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Erik_B]
UpstateTom Offline

Loc: Rens. County, NY
Was helping with this:

http://www.nysthruway.gov/news/pressrel/2009/10/2009-10-28-pumpkin-patrol.html

Pretty boring work, but a good cause.

#187153 - 11/01/09 07:15 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: UpstateTom]
EchoingLaugh Offline

Loc: MO, On the Mississippi
stayed at home waiting in vain for trick or treaters to climb the cardiac-arrest-inducing steps to my front porch. Then went to a party late and got roped into being a judge for the costume contest. Today i went and stocked up on the half priced candy!
I have an extra.

#187172 - 11/02/09 02:14 AM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Erik_B]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

I am staying put at home. all lights are turn off. I can't afford candies this year.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 268 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by chaosmagnet
Today at 01:07 AM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.