Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#187050 - 10/31/09 05:36 AM Re: Halloween is TOMORROW! What are you doing? [Re: dougwalkabout]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
partial rant: Halloween is a ridiculous holiday propagated by the Hersey-Hallmark Industrial Complex. That's not to say any adult who partakes in fun activities is ridiculous, but the amount of money and impact we put on the holiday is.

Be safe, Be smart. Call a cab if you party.

#187070 - 10/31/09 04:43 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Erik_B]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
Hand loaded silver bullet with holy water tip- check.
Fire hardened yew stakes - check.
Holy cross - check.
Silver chased axe - check.
Mithril mail vest - check.
Katana - check.
Saltwater sprayer (for zombies)
Wart cream (for witches.)

Ok, I'm ready.
Now, where's the party?......

#187072 - 10/31/09 04:58 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

Will be helping the neighborhood children get fatter.

We get a lot of trick and treaters. Next to a snowstorm, Halloween is the friendliest, most neighborly night of the year in this zip code. It's fun to sit on the steps and see the little kids and their parents having a harmless good time.

Porch light's out at 9:00p when the too-old kids start coming around with their school packs open and no costume.

My dog has a glitzy pumpkin collar for the occasion.

My Halloween candy supply is oldies but goodies: Milky Way, Three Musketeers, York Peppermint Patties, Tootsie Rolls, Milk Duds.

Dangerous stuff to have around the house for long.

Resistance is futile.

:-0

#187096 - 10/31/09 08:41 PM Re: Halloween is TOMORROW! What are you doing? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
I'll be having a traditional "hobo holiday." I'll stay warm with a cup of coffee (decaffeinated of course) and drive around to see what the local churches are doing. Sometimes churches have some fun activities on the 31st which they call Harvest Fest.

There's been a change of plans. After going out for dinner, I'm doing tech support.

Jeanette Isabelle

#187098 - 10/31/09 09:28 PM Re: Halloween is TOMORROW! What are you doing? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
The kids started showing up at the door a few minutes ago.
It is windy with cold drizzling rain so I am not expecting more than a hundred to show up.

(Poor little kids. They were bundled up so much that you could hardly tell what their costumes were supposed to be.)

#187121 - 11/01/09 04:48 AM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Erik_B]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
I’m still giggling at an idea I saw on YouTube… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH7Ow2mb7qg. laugh

#187125 - 11/01/09 05:43 AM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Redbeard Offline
Stranger

Loc: CA state of confusion
our front yard became a graveyard...:)

Attachments
026 cropped 700.jpg

#187127 - 11/01/09 12:30 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Redbeard]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
For us it was a quiet night. My wife took care of the treaters and was handing out two chocolate bars to each kid (she couldn't resist the cute costumes!). I know she can't wait till our boys are old enough to go out!!!!

As for me, I fed the boys then watch the Leafs loose yet another game (well, they tied it up then went into over time then lost).

#187128 - 11/01/09 01:30 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: JCWohlschlag
I’m still giggling at an idea I saw on YouTube… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH7Ow2mb7qg. laugh

That is diabolical.

#187135 - 11/01/09 02:28 PM Re: Halloween is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing? [Re: Redbeard]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: Redbeard
our front yard became a graveyard...:)

Out frontyard also became a graveyard. We had nineteen headstones, only three that were not homemade, and a 6-foot long, 30 inch wide pinebox coffin, with a grim reaper standing over it. The front steps had a cauldron with dryice fog.

Some comments: "that's so cool;" "the awesomest decorations ever;" etc.

Other comments incuded agreement and thought provoking, because much of it had messages, which might be considered political, so I will not repeat them here.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 140 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by chaosmagnet
01:07 AM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.