Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1851 - 09/28/01 07:02 PM Survival Kits
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in the process of putting together a mini personal survival kit. Searching the net I know found that the Penrith kit is now available in the US http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/penrith.htm This company also sells a kit by WSI which looks very interesting http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/s_s_s_.htm<br>I went to the WSI web site and they had two other kits for sale http://www.wildernesssurvival.com/SurvivalKits.htm Anyone familiar with the WSI Kits? Are they worth the $60. I am thinking of combining a WSI and a Pernith kit to make something similar to Doug's Mini personal kit. Anyone have a cheaper place to buy everyting? Thanks for your comments.<br><br>

#1852 - 09/29/01 01:51 AM Re: Survival Kits
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Iv'e handled both. Every kit will reflect the individual philosophy, experience and regional expertise of it's creator. This includes units assembled by people like WSI who actually teach Survival. Add in the profit motivation of commercial units and quality/quantity may both rapidly decline. Asembling your own unit is eventually more satisfying. But if you want to 'jump start' your preparations these are certainly among the better ones. No supplier carries everything we all need or want. By the time you've tracked down everything you want, paid S/H and WAITED the cost comparisons are really meaningless. There are many good suppliers listed on site here. I can personally vouch for Blue Line outfitters, Exploration Products, Major SurplusNSurvival, Sparklite and Wiggy. I guarantee you will eventually discard or upgrade some of the pre assembled items with experience and actual use .<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 277 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.