Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#184493 - 10/07/09 05:23 PM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: Desperado]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: Desperado
Long story short, unless you are a sales rep. for Kerlix and 4x4's you don't have enough with you, period.

I agree with that.

#184524 - 10/07/09 09:14 PM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: Stu]
jay2 Offline

Loc: idaho
I've used mine more than I thought. Usually a flash light or a lighter for fire,duct tape, or bailing wire, but medical stuff, that I wouldn't have thought probable. Motrin and bandaids, alot, but butterfly bandages and benedril for a bad alergic reaction to "who knows what" still don't know, even today...Had to use my mini mag light about five years ago with duct tape around it's middle for an emergency air way, it came in handy when gutted and the tape cusioned the teeth from chipping because she was swollowing her tounge and clenching her teeth, also had to use my whistle to pry her teeth apart...That would be an interesting thread... How did you use your kit for makeshift / unusual purposes.

#184531 - 10/07/09 11:19 PM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: jay2]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
I've used just about every piece of gear in my current kit, and even the bigger one on my web page at some point, just not at the same time/incident!

The ONLY thing I have NOT used is the trauma bandage, because the 2x when I really really needed them was before I started carrying them (shudder - quick flashback to one incident - they even saved his leg on that one)
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#184974 - 10/12/09 02:51 AM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: KG2V]
EchoingLaugh Offline

Loc: MO, On the Mississippi
Wow. Had a good run today. I had to do some roof repairs. So i climb up, pull another latter up, climb over a peak (using the second latter on both sides) and get to my porch roof. So I was where i needed to be and would take 5-10 minutes to get down. Found I needed a few things, like the garden hose (for gutters), more nails, and a putty knife. (I had a hammer, some nails, roof tar, patch, edc kit) so i pull out my cell and got help from inside. used 50lb test to pull a rope up, then the rope to pull supplies up.

From my kit I used fishing line, idoine wipe, triple a antibotic, ora-gell, q-tip, cloth bandaid, advil, sport tape, duct tape needle, thread.

did not use: back-up light, 2x3 pad, gauze saftey pins, razor blade.

cleaned and bandaged a banged knuckle, took some advil, used some of the fishing line as a tool tether, used the q-tip+oragell on a wisdom tooth that got cold, covered bandaid with sport tape (i was using tar, which always gets on my hands) and duct tape to hold my jeans closed (old holey pair that had a ventilation hole in the crotch helpfully opened further by my antics with the ladder)

This morning i patched a little hole in my coat with needle and thread from my kit.
I have an extra.

#185000 - 10/12/09 06:50 AM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: EchoingLaugh]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
RE Knowing where my towel is - of course, on the back of my chair

I was SO happy at work when I got a static IP that ended in .42

You know the "Can I ask you a question?" - instead of saying yes, I always look at co-workers and say "42" - most think I'm strange, some thing I'm funny
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#185097 - 10/13/09 01:27 AM Re: Have you ever had to use your "Kit" [Re: KG2V]
EchoingLaugh Offline

Loc: MO, On the Mississippi
Originally Posted By: KG2V_was_kc2ixe
RE Knowing where my towel is - of course, on the back of my chair

I was SO happy at work when I got a static IP that ended in .42

You know the "Can I ask you a question?" - instead of saying yes, I always look at co-workers and say "42" - most think I'm strange, some thing I'm funny

Most of the guys I work with don't get it. Wanna really see some funny looks ask "Do you sass that hoopy so-and-so? That frood really knows where his towel is!" That makes their eyebrows go up. laugh

I wonder if anyone has made a edc towel kit? Not being a purist I could see me doing that.
I have an extra.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 255 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.