Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#183053 - 09/24/09 01:29 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: MDinana]
Tyber Offline
Sheriff
Enthusiast

Loc: ST. Paul MN
Close eyes, Count to 27 (took three tries, keept getting intrupted by co workers with questions)

Reached for the required items.

1) flashight in left front pocket
2) knife in righ front pocket.
3)Found my bandana in my work bag sitting on my desk in arms reach at all times
4) whistle,, (epic fail) sorry that is in my truck at the end of the parking lot. (hangs head in shame)

#183055 - 09/24/09 01:35 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: MartinFocazio]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Good drill, Marty.

In my right pocket is my trusty cut-down Fox 40, DR PICO Lite and DR Photon on the multi-gear ring and RSK Mk1 (orange handle) clipped to pocket. Left pocket is another PICO Lite on my car/home key ring. Leatherman Charge on belt (left side). Red Bandanna in right cargo pocket.

Just for the hell of it, sitting at my desk, on desktop I find 6 folding knives, 2 fixed blades, 8 flashlights (2 in pieces), 3 whistles. Desk drawers, about 30 knives and 18 multi-tools. Let's not even talk about what's within reach on my office shelves. I suppose it's this line of work. <g> I am one sick puppy...got to get a life... <~>

OK, back to work protecting our knives...
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#183062 - 09/24/09 02:44 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: MartinFocazio]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Tough to follow Doug, but,

In my right front pocket is my Mission Wallet with:
AAA LED Ultrafire flashlight
Kershaw Chive folder
Sliver Grippers
Zebra mini pen and pencil set
credit card
cash
credit card-sized fresnel lens
2 Bandaids
Pico mini notebook (sticky notes and mini ballpoint pen)

On the key chain on my desk:
Arc AAA light
spare AAA battery
Res-Q-Me
Swisstech screwdriver set
DR Fox-40 whistle
Pico Pen
peanut lighter (from CountyComm)
no name button cell LED light

Yes, I believe in redundancy. I sometimes carry a second small folder from AGRussell (their 2" Titanium lockback folder, a sweet knife)

And of course, in my workbags are full EDC kits with more of everything.

#183073 - 09/24/09 03:59 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: Andy]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
My keychain is ALWAYS attached to me, and has a peanut lighter, LED light, and about 5' of paracord. Left front pocket is my RSK Mk1. I also have my Leatherman Kick on my belt, and a bandana. Thats it! Oh, and an OLD p-38, thats more of a good luck charm than anything else, as it was a gift upon entering the Army from an uncle.

#183081 - 09/24/09 04:41 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: oldsoldier]
Kukulkan Offline
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
1. SAK Spartan in my right front pocket (tweezers, can opener, bottle opener, awl, corkscrew, flat head screwdriver, 2 knife blades)
2. Whistle in my right front pocket
3. Ferrocerrium rod and PJ cotton ball in right front pocket (1,2 and 3 all connected with cord)
4. Photon minilight on keychain in right front pocket
5. Cell phone in left front pocket
6. Blackberry on belt
7. Fanny pack 7 feet away in top drawer of filing cabinet
7a. Byrd Crow knife
7b. Dust mask
7c. Mini first aid kit
7d. Liter of water

I live in Los Angeles, CA and keep the whistle: (1) for rescue in case of earthquake (I want people to know where I am); (2) to attract attention in case of human predation.

I need to make a similar fanny pack for my DW who also works in a skyscraper. Given my location, the ferrocerrium rod and PJ cotton jelly are never needed. More a party trick than anything else.

#183084 - 09/24/09 05:00 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: Kukulkan]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Knife- nope. Company policy.
Whistle- er, nope.
Bandana- used hankerchief qualifies doesn't it?
Flashlight- photon microlite on my badge lanyard and a maglite in my backpack within reach.

2 of the allowable 3.

I'm not allowed to cut myself from the rubble. (or anything else for that matter)

The dogtag or housekey around my neck would have to suffice.

I should ask for a supply of kindergarten paste to eat while I wait for rescue.

#183098 - 09/24/09 06:46 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: NightHiker]
DesertFox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York, NY
Good drill. Flashlight and SAK in left pocket. Bandana in right rear pocket. Whistle . . . . . . . uh. Yeah.

After reading some of these posts I am going to have to reprioritise. Especially in light of the recent news reports of plots to blow stuff up in NYC.

#183110 - 09/24/09 10:57 PM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: MartinFocazio]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Easy as Pi.

Pocket knife- right pocket.

SAK- w/ ferro rod and whistle attached, in the bin by my right knee, on the shelf under the desk. Same bin has a spare MiniMag and Gerber Inifinity. Right next to it is one of my Ka-bars.

Pocket knife, gentlemanly- reach forward, follow right edge of the computer monitor, and then find the surge supressor it sits on, sitting there along with my dice. smile

Bandana, slightly icky- hanging off the left side of the chair. It is my napkin. Also a towel on the back of the chair.

Bag of tricks with all of the above and a lot more- slide the chair back a foot to get clear of the computer. Turn left 90 degrees, extend left leg, continue leftward sweep.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#183115 - 09/25/09 01:02 AM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: ironraven]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
unimog: I seem to recall some manufacturer that made a blade shaped exactly like a dogtag. Not sure if youre willing to violate the rules or not, but that may be an option. I may have seen it in an AAFES store in my travels, but searching the net may help you.
And, yes, a used handkerchief counts-mine is a used bandana, especially as I am recovering from a cold...

#183118 - 09/25/09 01:19 AM Re: 1. Close your eyes. 2. Find your... [Re: MartinFocazio]
raptor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Europe
Knife - 0.000 s ... because I was just fiddling with it while reading ETS forum smile.

Flashlight and whistle were approx. 2 meters from me. I located them in several seconds.
I don´t have any bandana.

Interesting excercise by the way.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 533 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 12:34 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.