Just went thru airport security in Bermuda. My Maxpedition bag with all my EDC, cameras and a radio scanner went through unchallenged. My wife's bag with her meds and cosmetics however got pulled for a 'random' search. However this was stymied by the fact that I had secured the bag's zippers with zip ties. The agent asked me to open the bag. I said I'd be glad to but I didn't have a knife to cut the zip ties. She said would I please open the bag, I said I couldn't. This went on for a while until she finally gave up and lets us pass. Like most folks in Bermuda she was vety nice about it. Didn't realize until I opened up this forum while waiting for the flight that I had a ResQme attached to the outside of my bag. Would have been perfect for cutting the ties.

Of course, then I had to expain that the 10oz bottle of bath gel we bought for our sister-in-law got put in the carryon bag by mistake.... I guess a couple of 60 year olds didn't look like much of a threat and again a very reasonable Bermudian let us go.