Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#174899 - 06/16/09 12:21 PM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: Eugene]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Health care is a luxury, not a right. It always has been, and housing is likewise a luxury and not a right. While it is unfortunate that there are people who do without either or even both, that's life. If you want more, earn it.

If the price is too high to afford, that is the result of supply and demand. My solution, which has worked quite well for me, is to make more money than what it costs to get my own housing or quality health care. I don't expect anyone else to pay my billes, and I am furious that some folks out there expect me to pay theirs.

I started life in a garage. My mom had with very little and worked very hard to get by. When I was 18 I had nothing except my wits, which I eventually parlayed into a decent living for me and mine. I don't expect anyone in this country would not be able to do the same, unless they are somehow disabled or handicapped, in which case there are plenty of programs I and many like me are forced to pay a premium to that will help them deal with their limitations. Except for the very disabled, I believe that any citizen living in this country can and should do whatever they have to so they are not a burden on our society. I see a lot of people abusing the system these days that have no good reason for it. If you can't afford a home or decent health care, then do something about it. Don't just sit around and lament your condition. It didn't work for me, and it won't work for anyone else.

#174919 - 06/16/09 07:37 PM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

"Just legislate that no domestic mortgage can be sold without provisioning a,b,c,d,e; "

and with that, you will have killed any last vestige of the free enterprise economy.

#174928 - 06/16/09 09:40 PM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: MartinFocazio]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
[quote
]

Many millions can't afford to rent and have health care.
[/quote]
Time for that second job!

#174935 - 06/16/09 11:16 PM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: benjammin]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
"Just legislate that no domestic mortgage can be sold without provisioning a,b,c,d,e; "

and with that, you will have killed any last vestige of the free enterprise economy.

The free enterprise economy illusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDdcD-1xoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwGBNMH428&NR=1

As the investment banker states;

"Stupidity and incompetence; thats something we can all be proud of" laugh whistle

#175001 - 06/18/09 01:56 AM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
TomP Offline
Journeyman

There can really never be a "right" to any limited resource. Only unlimited resources (life, liberty etc.) can be rights. It has been made illegal in this country for a person to purchase limited catastrophic or preventative health insurance or for plans to compete across state lines. All of us are forced to buy addiction coverage etc. True competition in this area could produce miracles.

#175030 - 06/18/09 07:26 PM Re: over crowding in your apartment? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Quite entertaining. One great point they missed in the dialogue was how effective Clinton was able to play to the greed of the financiers by incentivizing them to cover bad loans. It's easy to get someone to walk off the edge of the cliff when you are pulling them by the short and curlys.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dougwalkabout), 291 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.