Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#167823 - 02/24/09 09:35 PM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: Desperado]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Originally Posted By: Desperado
Originally Posted By: MDinana
Having re-read for the 2nd or 3rd time this thread, after the other one froze-up, I wonder if there's any way for OBG to read how he's touched all of us?

He mentioned in that last post that he wouldn't be back, so I ownder if he's even seeing these posts. For the moderators, is there any way to track down his DW and have a print out of all these well wishes sent? Perhaps be bought from or donated to ETS over the years? There should be some delivery address if so.

OBG, like the rest here, I'm going to miss your insights - "Sea daddy" sums it up nicely. Every time I'm back home with my parents I wonder if you're the old guy driving an RV whenever I pass one. I caught myself today reading something and waiting for your thoughts on the topic. Your absence is already being noticed.

I agree that OBG touched many, and am glad you thought of this. I have OBG's email, and assume that it is shared with his wife. I have made a PDF copy of the two threads and shall forward them to said address.

EDIT: Maybe I better talk to the Moderators and Doug first. I really don't want to step on any toes with this.

I will email Doug and hit notify for Mods.

Both threads have been converted to a PDF and emailed on to OBG's email. I shall update the PDF to him and his family unless either asks me to stop.

RIP OBG

#167826 - 02/24/09 10:00 PM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: falcon5000]
Mhallcinci Offline
Stranger

Mhallcinci brought up a good idea on a donation or some sort of thing that we could do to either help his family or commemorate him for his contributions through the years with ETS. I wonder if Susan may have any ideas on the best way to handle this. If there is a donation to help out his family or what have you, I would be interested in contributing as well. Does anybody have any ideas of the best way to handle this?

I can see either a contribution to ETS or the American Cancer Socitey.....does anyone have any direct contact with OBG or his family? I would perfer to give to a cause they believe in just to make it more personal.

#167829 - 02/24/09 10:40 PM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: Mhallcinci]
ki4buc Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Augusta, GA
Relay For Life is coming up.

http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

Non-Corporate Team Membership:
http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/nonctp

Edited by ki4buc (02/24/09 10:42 PM)

#167850 - 02/25/09 02:52 AM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: ki4buc]
TomP Offline
Journeyman

Good-bye OBG. We are all thinking of you. You are not alone.

#167924 - 02/26/09 01:34 AM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: Blast]
widget Offline
Addict

God bless you OBG. We will all miss you and have been privileged to have shared your wisdom. My prayers are with you sir.

#168134 - 02/27/09 07:01 PM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: Mhallcinci]
Mhallcinci Offline
Stranger

I can see either a contribution to ETS or the American Cancer Socitey.....does anyone have any direct contact with OBG or his family? I would perfer to give to a cause they believe in just to make it more personal. [/quote]

I went and did a donation to ETS......I figured since thats how I "met" OBG it just made sense.

#172863 - 05/06/09 11:56 PM Re: Goodbye OBG [Re: Mhallcinci]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

OBG, you dont know how I much I respected you, and how much I looked up to you, as always being the "young one" of the forum, you and a select few others were always there to offer me advice, and wisdom, and for that, I thank you!

-CS

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.