Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161021 - 01/03/09 10:06 AM how does one get a refund?
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

I recently paid over $100 for a Ritter RSK1 and it has a huge amount of blade play from side to side. I want a refund with return of the crappy item.

I have tried every link on this site I can find none that seem to work. How do I get a refund for an inferior product?

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 10:07 AM)

#161023 - 01/03/09 10:21 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

last time i checked ETS isn't a retailer or a manufacture. So contact your retailer or the manufacture (benchmade).

#161025 - 01/03/09 10:33 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Umm, ETS is a retailer, where do you think the Doug Ritter design came from?

I have already posted my issue here: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/23/tid/840760/pid/1724989/post/last/#LAST

I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

Not trying to be an ass, but Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site. I have a serious problem when someone tells me how great their product is and gives me 100 reasons to buy it, but I can't contact them for a refund when the product turns out to be a piece of crap.

Lessened learned.

Until I have my money back Mr. Ritter and his sloppy design get my outspoken disapproval. Had Mr. Ritter provided a means to contact him about customer dissatisfaction this would not be necessary. Heck, had the advertising for his knife (I read every word) mentioned anything about this sloppy blade play I would not have bought it.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 10:38 AM)

#161026 - 01/03/09 10:38 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
My God. You're one of those customers. And I still can't tell you what I really think about your crusade without getting fired.

Somebody pinch me, I'm having a nightmare.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#161028 - 01/03/09 10:47 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: username_5
Umm, ETS is a retailer, where do you think the Doug Ritter design came from?

I have already posted my issue here: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/23/tid/840760/pid/1724989/post/last/#LAST

I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

Not trying to be an ass, but Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site. I have a serious problem when someone tells me how great their product is and gives me 100 reasons to buy it, but I can't contact them for a refund when the product turns out to be a piece of crap.

Lessened learned.

Until I have my money back Mr. Ritter and his sloppy design get my outspoken disapproval. Had Mr. Ritter provided a means to contact him about customer dissatisfaction this would not be necessary. Heck, had the advertising for his knife (I read every word) mentioned anything about this sloppy blade play I would not have bought it.

i also know of a carbrand that support Amnesty International. But nobody is **** at Amnesty about the quality issues on the cars of that particuliar brand. Yes Doug did helpt the design and as a return he gets a donation/fee for each knife sold. Which still doesn't make him a retailer. A retailer sells things, this site only contains links to the retailer.

And if you can't contact doug, it's really your problem. I found his email in less than a minute. A forum is a forum not the product support department of a manufacture. Stop ***** here and got to the right place to ****

As for your posting on knife forums. They know knifes, and you will just look like a fool for those who are serious about knifes.

Edited by PC2K (01/03/09 10:48 AM)

#161030 - 01/03/09 11:03 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PC2K

i also know of a carbrand that support Amnesty International. But nobody is **** at Amnesty about the quality issues on the cars of that particuliar brand. Yes Doug did helpt the design and as a return he gets a donation/fee for each knife sold. Which still doesn't make him a retailer. A retailer sells things, this site only contains links to the retailer.

Are you kidding me, Doug doesn't say he 'helped' design the thing he claims complete credit for slight mods to the thing. Anyone reading the ad blurb can see that.

It isn't a Benchmade knife that Doug advertises it is a Ritter RSK 1.

Quote:
And if you can't contact doug, it's really your problem. I found his email in less than a minute. A forum is a forum not the product support department of a manufacture. Stop ***** here and got to the right place to ****

You are so right, if after trying all contacts on the website for an hour get bounced back to me it is my fault....yikes, how much Kool-Aid have you drunk?

Quote:
As for your posting on knife forums. They know knifes, and you will just look like a fool for those who are serious about knifes.

I kind of doubt it. The Ritter RSK1 is a wobbly piece of shite. Anyone with this knife knows this, but given the moderation on this forum is unlikely to speak up. Those with the knife who wish to live with this critical defect silently are welcome to do so.

Funny I spent 2 minutes at the Benchmade site and found the channel to go through for a refund but hours on this site and I cannot find one that actually works. You seem to be in the know, so what address do I contact for a refund?

My guess is you do not know, just like the other sheepole. Here is my prediction: Benchmade will tire of all the refunds and will simply cut the non responsive Doug off from further production. Doug will then team up with some other outfit and claim it was a 'quality' improvement while Doug still insulates himself from being contacted about the crap he sells.

Think of me what you wish, the knife still wabbles madly. Want me to post a video on youtube showing the complete crap this knife is?

#161031 - 01/03/09 11:10 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
After reading all of the above listed posts, I decided that ignoring this post was best.

Oh well, all for those thoughts!

Username_5,,,,whether you mean to or not,,,it looks to me like a clear cut case of a form of extortion, making derogetory statements on various knife forums, on a timed basis, about a certain knife until someone contacts you and meets ALL of your demands. Then again, the DOJ & DHS might consider your postings to be a type of Industrial Terrorism...

I hope, for your sake that you are an attorney, or a have a VERY good friend, who is an attorney!!

I recommend that you rethink your approach to your problem!

#161032 - 01/03/09 11:29 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
IMFREE Offline
Stranger

Loc: Queensland, Australia
ducks quack

quack.......quack

dogs bark

woof woof

read this.

dnufer.....refund backward

Sorry, but I couldn't take this serious.

#161033 - 01/03/09 11:34 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: wildman800
After reading all of the above listed posts, I decided that ignoring this post was best.

Clearly that is not the case because you went on to say...

Quote:
Username_5,,,,whether you mean to or not,,,it looks to me like a clear cut case of a form of extortion, making derogetory statements on various knife forums, on a timed basis, about a certain knife until someone contacts you and meets ALL of your demands.

Ummmmm... no. I bought a Ritter RSK1 which has extreme lateral play. Since I bought it from ETS I thought to contact ETS, but apparently ETS has no working web addy except for placing new orders. I tried all I could find and none went through. In the end I contacted Benchmade about this crappy product with more play in the blade than the worst of Chinese knock offs. Still can't find a contact for RTA (return authorization) on the Ritter site. If you know of one, please post it. Don't have anything at the ready? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Then again, the DOJ & DHS might consider your postings to be a type of Industrial Terrorism...

Please, even threats like this do not intimidate me in the least. Nice try though, NAZI.

Quote:
I hope, for your sake that you are an attorney, or a have a VERY good friend, who is an attorney!!

Again, nice try, NAZI. Kind of scary how fast free men willingly fall and take up the cause of the NAZIS without any pay or reward. Your parents would be proud. Not.

Quote:

I recommend you rethink your approach to life, particularly the part about your being a pussified pussbag of worthlessness.

#161035 - 01/03/09 11:35 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State

Wildman, Good advise.

Step 1 I would contact the retailer. Then I would contact Benchmade

But before step 1 if I were him, I'd change my diaper as it seems to be full, and dry my eyes from all of the crying..

#161036 - 01/03/09 11:45 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

the ETS doesn't sell anything. The things "sold" on this website are links to aeromedix. Try http://www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/customer_service/ for the customer service.

C'mon this really isn't that hard.

#161038 - 01/03/09 12:06 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tjin]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PC2K
the ETS doesn't sell anything. The things "sold" on this website are links to aeromedix. Try http://www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/customer_service/ for the customer service.

C'mon this really isn't that hard.

You are so right, Doug Ritter doesn't promote anything. The RSK doesn't stand for Ritter Survival Knife. Moron.

Here is my 2nd post a half day afer the first:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609617

I want a refund for the crappy product I purchased from this site and there is no working link for that. The Kool-Aid drinkers can continue with the Kool-Aid, but I want a refund and until I get a working addy for it I will just keep being public about my dissatisfaction. (working on a youtube video to show the lateral play not even found in a $20 knife).

I expect to be banned from here momentarily, but that won't stop my youtube upload nor my other posts to knife enthusiast sites about what a scam this site is until my money is back in my pocket.

The Ritter RSK1 is a wobbly piece of junk. Simple enough. I want my money back, how do I get my money back. My guess is not a single 'critic' can tell me because you do not know.

When you need to know you, too, will be an outcast. You won't believe me now.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 12:13 PM)

#161039 - 01/03/09 12:11 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
The only bad thing about the ignore function is that if somebody quotes the person you are ignoring, you can still see the asinine post he made.

#161040 - 01/03/09 12:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Nishnabotna]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Nishnabotna
The only bad thing about the ignore function is that if somebody quotes the person you are ignoring, you can still see the asinine post he made.

+1 He won't be here long, I'd make a bet on it, and I'm sure he will soon be gone from a few other forums too.

#161041 - 01/03/09 12:23 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Your'e lying.
You got an unsympathetic response to your post on 'survival and the law' and now you expect us to believe you've suddenly noticed that an RSK you bought is rubbish? And you are pretending you don't know that aeromedix (the only place you could have bought it) won't replace it in an instant if it is?
Poor attempt at a slur.
The Sock

#161043 - 01/03/09 12:26 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sector 16
Originally Posted By: SBRaider
[quote=NishnabotnaI'm sure he will soon be gone from a few other forums too.

He's sure been a busy little boy this morning.

I'm curious at his claim of buying it from ETS, since ETS doesn't sell them????

#161044 - 01/03/09 12:27 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Nishnabotna

+1 He won't be here long, I'd make a bet on it, and I'm sure he will soon be gone from a few other forums too.

While I am certain I will gone from here for simply asking 'how do I get a refund for a crappy product' I really doubt I will be 'gone' from anywhere else for my youtube video of how wobbly the RSK1 is or my stating the simple fact that the ETS website heavily hawks the Ritter product, but provides no link for unsatisfied customers to get a refund.

I will continue to link to the youtube video of the wobbles and post to knife forums until I get a full refund.

It really is that simple. The RSK1 is a wobbly piece of crap and I bought it from this site and that is where I want my refund from. Until I get it I keep posting nothing but the truth about the crap in a box I got.

#161045 - 01/03/09 12:29 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp
[quote=NishnabotnaI'm sure he will soon be gone from a few other forums too.

He's sure been a busy little boy this morning.

I'm curious at his claim of buying it from ETS, since ETS doesn't sell them????

Go to the ETS home page and you see a full color ad for the knife. Granted it links to aeromedix.com (or whatever) but it is the ETS site I ordered from. Had it not been for ETS and Doug Ritter I wouldn't even have known about the knife.

ETS is Doug Ritter and the RSK is 'Ritter' Survival Knife so don't even try to play like this site or Doug has nothing to do with this pile of crap.

There are plenty of links on the ETS site telling me how to buy the knife and apparently not a single one telling me how to request a refund. Big red flag in my mind which is why I am posting youtube videos and honest reviews to knife sites until I get my money back.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 12:32 PM)

#161046 - 01/03/09 12:34 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
While I am certain I will gone from here for simply asking 'how do I get a refund for a crappy product' I really doubt I will be 'gone' from anywhere else for my youtube video of how wobbly the RSK1 is or my stating the simple fact that the ETS website heavily hawks the Ritter product, but provides no link for unsatisfied customers to get a refund.

Since we already answered your question, again if you'r haven problems reading it:

customer service:
http://www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/customer_service/

Return (also Return Policy, not happy with it, well don't order than):
http://www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/returns/

That is how you get a refund. So stop [censored] and follow the links.

Warranty by the manufacture:
http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp

#161047 - 01/03/09 12:36 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Enthusiast

but it is the ETS site I ordered from.

You simply did not, Aeromedix is the only place you can buy them.

#161049 - 01/03/09 12:46 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp
but it is the ETS site I ordered from.

You simply did not, Aeromedix is the only place you can buy them.

Look at your own sig. "RITTER RSKS" and yet you think it reasonable to defer me elsewhere for a refund for a product I bought from Doug Ritter's website?

Wow.

No worries, I am pursuing a refund from Doug, Aeromedix and Benchmade. I need my $100+ back that I spent on a wobbly knife that not even my cheap $5 Chinese swiss army knock off blade does.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 12:49 PM)

#161051 - 01/03/09 12:48 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Problem is that the RSK is just one of many versions of Benchmade's Griptilian design. Blade play would be an issue with the pivot design which was not changed when Benchmade manufactured the RSK series of knives. A simple tightening of the pivot screw would probably fix the "problem". . . I wonder how it became too loose?

#161052 - 01/03/09 12:49 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Wow, anger blinded you. You were told no less than 20 times how to go about getting a refund, and you continued to attack doug personally. You, sir, need anger management. Doug doesnt sit in his house, making knives; he designed it, and authorized benchmade (the little butterfly symbol on the knife) to produce it. You need to go back to the manufacturer. ME, I have owned one for several years, and have VERY little lateral play...and I am NOT easy on my gear. You ever think that perhaps you got one that got through QC? Nothing, and no one, is perfect. Ge your refund, then take a hike. You are crying like a child, and calling names. Seriously, come back after you're through with puberty.

#161054 - 01/03/09 12:52 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Enthusiast

[quote=Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
Look at your own sig. "RITTER RSKS" and yet you think it reasonable to defer me elsewhere for a refund for a product I bought from Doug's website?

Wow.

I'm not, I'm trying to send you to the right place. You bought them from Aeromedix's site, not Doug's site, and warranty work is done by Benchmade, not Doug personally.

Nobody is trying to defer you anywhere, try to calm down and act like an adult and work towards a solution, not start flame wars all over the forums, which only makes you look like a fool.

#161055 - 01/03/09 12:52 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Russ]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Russ
Problem is that the RSK is just one of many versions of Benchmade's Griptilian design. Blade play would be an issue with the pivot design which was not changed when Benchmade manufactured the RSK series of knives. A simple tightening of the pivot screw would probably fix the "problem". . . I wonder how it became too loose?

I can only think it an inherent design flaw. I look at the hollow portion of the handle and it is way oversized for the blade. As such the blade has no choice but to pivot loosely. There is no screw tightening to be done. This problem is an 'out of the box' problem and the screws do not turn any more tightly than they are.

#161057 - 01/03/09 12:59 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Then contact Benchmade it's their name in big white letters on the gray box in which the knife was packaged. Aeromedix is another option since they are the only retailer for the RSK series of knives.

#161059 - 01/03/09 01:01 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Enthusiast

I can only think it an inherent design flaw.

And as the owner of at least 15 Griptilians (2 of which are Ritter RSK's), I promise you it's not.

Talk (don't yell) to Benchmade's warranty department on Monday, they have excellent customer service.

#161060 - 01/03/09 01:05 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

. . . I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

I'm not a lawyer, but that threat seems similar to blackmail. Benchmade has lawyers. . .

#161063 - 01/03/09 01:19 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Russ]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Russ
. . . I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

I'm not a lawyer, but that threat seems similar to blackmail. Benchmade has lawyers. . .

There is nothing illegal about posting impressions of products received on the net. The knife I received is a loose piece of crap and I spend over $100 on it. Pretty simple.

I suggest you quit dispensing legal 'wisdom'.

I bought the knife from ETS. That is the website I saw it on, ordered it from. Forgive me for not realizing that Doug Ritter who claims the knife as his (and owns this site) has absolutely nothing of significance to do with the knife.

I will make sure the folks on the knife forums know your opinions.

So it goes like this:

1. Go to ETS and buy knife.
2. Get knife and see it is a pile of junk.
3. Go to site knife purchase from and find no way to return it.
4. Post on the site's forum about how to return it and get insulted.
5. Find out that aeromedix is the real seller I need to deal with.
6. Find out that Benchmade is the real seller I need to deal with.

NEVER AGAIN.

#161064 - 01/03/09 01:22 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Troll.

#161065 - 01/03/09 01:38 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

yup, see ETS site, buy product. Product is crap. contact site for refund and get told go to this site, no go to this one, they guy who designed the product and promotes it on the site I order it from (the product is on the front page, how can one miss it) has no responsibility and can't be contacted.

Yikes, if I put my name on a product and found out the QC was crap I would want to know.

But I am not simply an unhappy customer with a legitimate gripe, I am just a troll. Sigh. So many sheepole, so little time.

#161067 - 01/03/09 01:43 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

yup, see ETS site, buy product. Product is crap. contact site for refund and get told go to this site, no go to this one, they guy who designed the product and promotes it on the site I order it from (the product is on the front page, how can one miss it) has no responsibility and can't be contacted.

Yikes, if I put my name on a product and found out the QC was crap I would want to know.

But I am not simply an unhappy customer with a legitimate gripe, I am just a troll. Sigh. So many sheepole, so little time.

I gave you the proper URL for the customer service and you called me a moron. So look in the mirror before you judge others.

#161068 - 01/03/09 01:50 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Again, you did NOT buy it from this site. You were LINKED to aeromedix's site. Seriously. We know you are unhappy with it, and have given you the tools to fix it. Go do it, stop crying about it. We are ALL aware you are unhappy. You are acting like a spoiled brat. Please, return it, and go on with your life. As amusing it is to see you get all riled up about this, it isalso tedious. We have pointed yo in the right direction; we have told you doug doesnt make them, he endorses them. We have linked you to both aeromedix & benchmade. The ball is in YOUR court, not ours. Stop whining about it, and return it. We have ALL had issues similar to yours with products at some point; and, I am sure, most of us have been frustrated. But, anger blinds a person, as it is doing to you here. You are upset, we understand that. How many times do you have to tell us that Doug isnt responding to you? I am sure your email to him was quite similar to how you have addressed members here; do YOU think you would reply to that? Seriously...put yourself in other people's shoes. Treat them as you'd expect to be treated.
Now, stop posing that doug doesnt get back to you, that you are SURE you bought it directly from ETS, and all that diatribe, contact aeromedix (which, once again, if purchased through this site, is the dealer you bought it from), and get your refund. Then move on.
The steps are right there, in black & white for you. At this point, you ARE acting like a troll..you are simply making inflammatory remarks. Not really a good way to start, dont you think?

#161071 - 01/03/09 01:56 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

You have some problems with your story. You did not buy the knife from ETS because ETS is not a retailer. Aeromedix is the only retailer of knives in the RSK family. So by making a blatantly false claim your credibility takes a dump. Second, you threaten continued libel if you don't get a refund based on your false claim from a person you didn't pay for the knife. It sounds to me like you are asking Doug to pay you to stop making your false claims. Blackmail may have been too strong, extortion is probably more appropriate. Regardless, your ethics are severely lacking.

#161072 - 01/03/09 01:56 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Enthusiast

I bought the knife from ETS.

As has been explained to you more than once, no you did not.

Let me ask you this, if during a discussion here on wilderness survival books, I linked to my favorite book at Amazon.com.

You click on that link, and buy the book from Amazon. When it arrives, you find the cover torn.

Who would you ask for a replacement/refund, ETS, me, or Amazon.com?

#161073 - 01/03/09 02:27 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
UncleGoo Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: CT
This guy doesn't want a solution to a problem, he only wants to see how much he can wind up the rest of us. I'm done with this thread.

#161074 - 01/03/09 02:55 PM Don't feed the Troll [Re: UncleGoo]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Don't feed the Troll!!!
Please.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#161076 - 01/03/09 03:04 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tom_L Offline
Addict

Oh boy, what a lousy way to start 2009.

I have no experience with Mr. Ritter's merchandise nor do I own an RSK. I can well understand the frustration with an unsatisfactory online transaction or receiving faulty goods, though. Just a few weeks ago I bought a Garmin GPS from an online vendor and got an older model instead of the one I ordered. Needless to say, I was mighty upset. Having to send back the goods and waiting for a replacement is never nice. Yet the matter was resolved quickly and I got what I wanted in the end. So regardless of my secret fears, it turned out I was not a victim of a conspiracy nor was anyone trying to rip me off. Stuff happens and I suppose the incident was as painful for the seller as it was to me.

The moral of the story is, do give honest people the benefit of doubt. At this time of year I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Ritter is enjoying his vacation or, like most of us, spending time with people he cares about. So he simply may not be in a position to reply right away, especially seeing that this matter does not involve him directly.

If you have genuinely received a bad product I am sure either the retailer or the manufacturer will address the problem with all due consideration. After all, they have been in business for a long while and value their reputation highly. However, I seem to sense either a lot of unnecessary anger or a hidden agenda here. Slander is a serious matter. For your own sake, do not push it too far. It will be bad for your inner peace and might hurt your wallet as well if it escalates to a legal dispute where you will need to present your argument in a much less heated manner than you have done on these boards.

As a matter of fact, I hope this thread doesn't get locked nor our friend username_5 banned until the parties involved resolve the matter properly. I don't think either Mr. Ritter or anyone else on these boards has anything to hide. I will keep my fingers crossed that the dispute is settled to everyone's satisfaction. Peace and a happy New Year!

#161077 - 01/03/09 03:11 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tom_L]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
Why are you guys keeping this thread alive?

#161082 - 01/03/09 03:40 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
I can only think it an inherent design flaw. I look at the hollow portion of the handle and it is way oversized for the blade. As such the blade has no choice but to pivot loosely.
I had a look at mine and I can see what you mean. There is a visible gap between the metal of the blade and the stuff of the handle; about a millimetre each side. However, tightening the screw that goes through the pivot does affect the movement. I think there's a washer out of sight deep inside, or something.

I live in the UK, and my blade was very tight when it arrived so it wouldn't be mistaken for a gravity-assisted knife by Customs. I had to loosen it. It sounds like your knife is too loose and needs to be tightened.

I'm sorry that you're upset about it. You should know that many of us own these knives and know that they are not as bad as you imply. They have a good reputation; in fact so many credible people praising them that you will have an uphill struggle changing anyone's mind. I have to say that your tone is not helping your case.

#161095 - 01/03/09 04:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
As an alternative to contacting the company you purchased the knife from, i.e., not ETS, have you thought about just tightening the pivot screw? That usually does a pretty good job of removing any unwanted side play.

Editted to add: I see Brangdon suggested the same thing in the post directly above mine. I skipped reading all of the replies for reasons which many understand, I am sure, so I did not see it before my post. Got to give credit where credit is due.

#161103 - 01/03/09 04:44 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
You kind sir are in need of an enema, as that could be the only explanation for your behavior. Stop acting like a constipated little infant and please go camping. Long walks, short cliffs, it will do wonders for you.

RIP OBG

#161106 - 01/03/09 05:16 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

Please do not feed this troll. He also trolls with the same SOP on other websites and forums .

It would be nice to see him banned from here.

Edited by Sherpadog (01/03/09 05:38 PM)
Edit Reason: added link

#161107 - 01/03/09 05:23 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
stevenpd Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: Sherpadog
Please do not feed this troll. He also trolls with the same SOP on other websites and forums.

It would be nice to see him banned from here.

I concur.

#161112 - 01/03/09 05:38 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

I recently paid over $100 for a Ritter RSK1 and it has a huge amount of blade play from side to side. I want a refund with return of the crappy item.

I have tried every link on this site I can find none that seem to work. How do I get a refund for an inferior product?

David,

I am somewhat confused by your posts in this thread and the other threads over in Blade Forums and Knife Forums, considering your earlier compliments about the RSK Mk1 in a thread on Knife Forums where you said, among other compliments, "I own the full sized Ritter SK1 (sic) and it is an impressive knife."

In any case, to set the record straight, neither I nor ETS sell the knives. I am simply the designer and ETS Foundation simply receives a royalty that helps support the ETS Website and the work of the Foundation. Mind you, every page on ETS has a link to my ETS email address and I am pretty sure the links are working as nobody else seems to be having any difficulty contacting me about your posts. These knives are sold by Aeromedix.com, the exclusive retailer of the RSK Mk1 and the company from whom you purchased the knife (assuming you bought it new).

As such, any request for a refund must be made to Aeromedix.com. You can contact Aeromedix.com customer service via their Returns page: www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/returns/ . Aeromedix.com has a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy, one of the very best in the business. That is one of the reasons that they are my exclusive retailer, their excellent customer is simply the best. So, whether your knife is defective, or you've simply decided it isn't right for you, they will take it back.

All you need to do is click on the Customer Service Returns link which is on every page of the Aeromedix.com site or call their toll-free number: 888-362-7123. Admittedly, you might get the answering service at 3:05 AM in the morning on a Saturday, which is apparently when you decided to initiate this unwarranted attack, and an email or the phone call might not be responded to until normal business hours, but they would certainly take care of you. Alternatively, the RSK Mk1 is backed by Benchmade's excellent Lifetime Warranty: www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp and they would be happy to fix the knife, assuming it is defective.

Of course, it may also be that you can simply adjust the pivot screw yourself if your RSK Mk1 has unacceptable blade play. One advantage of the superior RSK Mk1 (Griptilian) design is that with the bronze pivot washers and adjustable pivot, the tension can be adjusted to suit each owner's individual taste or needs. Some like it looser, some tighter. Plus, it allows for adjustment for wear that can occur over time and much use. All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

I hope that this answers your concerns. Benchmade and Aeromedix.com stand behind my RSK Mk1 knives 100%.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#161127 - 01/03/09 07:26 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

If it helps, the pivot screw uses a Torx #T10 and the clip uses a Torx #T6.

Also, if you've had the knife for more than 30 days - beyond Aeromedix's return policy, here is a link to how to utilize Benchmade's lifetime warranty:

#161135 - 01/03/09 08:12 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: KenK]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Originally Posted By: KenK
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

If it helps, the pivot screw uses a Torx #T10 and the clip uses a Torx #T6.

Also, if you've had the knife for more than 30 days - beyond Aeromedix's return policy, here is a link to how to utilize Benchmade's lifetime warranty:

He knows how to adjust the tension; that's how the blade became loose in the first place. No one can really be this stupid, he's just trying to cause trouble. I'm not joining in any more threads he starts in the hours before he gets his wish and is banned form the forum.
The Sock

#161137 - 01/03/09 08:15 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site..."

I have had direct contact with Mr. Ritter right here, many times...

#161138 - 01/03/09 08:31 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Have you ever considered that Doug is the designer, ETS is an advertiser, Aeromedix is the distributor, and Benchmade is the manufacturer???

(why am I wasting my time here???)

#161154 - 01/03/09 09:28 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

OBG, pure amusement? laugh

Well, there is your answer, username. I, too, am checking out of this thread. It was amusing though, broke up my day!

#161155 - 01/03/09 09:36 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: oldsoldier]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
I'm a bit embarrassed for all of us, we not only got hooked, we ran away with the reel screaming in protest with this troll's bait on the end of the line.

I have to give him props for trolling as well as he did. His stuff reads a bit like that other guy that got banned a few days ago doesn't it...?

Off to find some laundromat...carrying my SAK...

JohnE

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#161170 - 01/03/09 11:31 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Sherpadog
Please do not feed this troll

No need to feed him, he's feeding himself.

I don't own an RSK myself, but I have no doubt they are an excellent product. Any product, even excellent ones, can have the occasional flaw however. From the tone of the OP's posts, I personally think the OP might be making up this "problem" for attention, but in case it really is a bonafide problem, there are many avenues to get it quickly rectified. They've already been mentioned here.

Whatever the issue really is, this is an enjoyable thread to read. Quite funny and entertaining. I'm having a great time imagining a little pissed off Tribble jumping up and down on their keyboard, body-slamming themselves into their monitor, and spitting at their dog!

#161177 - 01/04/09 12:05 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: haertig]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...and spitting at their dog..."

Does PITA know about that???

#161231 - 01/04/09 06:18 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
TomP Offline
Journeyman

Wow, I didn't expect to see all of this anger and name calling on this forum. "Nazi"?? All you have accomplished is to prove to all of us that you are an immature troubled and unhappy person. Good luck with your problems- they seem deeper than a wobbly knife.

#161252 - 01/04/09 03:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: TomP]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Hope username_5 has a good lawyer, he just might need one soon.

#161255 - 01/04/09 03:33 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
BillLiptak Offline
Enthusiast

Very amusing. All I can and will say is this....
Bravo Mr. Ritter. Trully a class act in your respose.

-Bill Liptak

#161257 - 01/04/09 03:42 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: BillLiptak]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
I'm jealous. The threads I start usually putter out around 10 or 15 replies... Must be more controversial... Must learn how to incite anger... Kidding! laugh

#161258 - 01/04/09 03:45 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Nicodemus]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

I was honestly ready to give him his money back if he sent me the knives (with no signs of abuse), just to get him to shut up.

RIP OBG

#161302 - 01/04/09 07:24 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Desperado]
el_diabl0 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NE Ohio
Just another fine example of what the anonymity of cyberspace does to some people with serious personality defects.

Edited by el_diabl0 (01/04/09 07:25 PM)

#161374 - 01/05/09 03:20 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: el_diabl0]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Well it seems as if Username 5 has been banned from the forum, he hasn't responded to anything in a while and he was on a roll. In this instance I am glad the moderators left the thread to sputter for the rest of us to work out our frustration in the humorous, snarky and informative way we usually do.

#161375 - 01/05/09 03:23 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: comms]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

Last night, he was also banned and his posts from another forum I frequent...

#161383 - 01/05/09 06:31 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: comms]
HTMLSpinnr
Unregistered

No, not banned... yet.

#161384 - 01/05/09 06:45 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

So are ya waiting for an invitation or has someone decided to play nice??

RIP OBG

#161406 - 01/05/09 04:50 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Desperado]
DesertFox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York, NY
Or sobered up.

#161411 - 01/05/09 05:22 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: DesertFox]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Ah, admit it. He was fun while he lasted.
The thread is dead and we are still commenting on it and chuckling about it.
It was a good troll and it caught a lot of us. Swallowed it hook line and sinker.
Whoever username5 is I think he has a good understanding of human nature. He knew just which buttons to push to get us all started up and going.

#161452 - 01/05/09 08:55 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Loc: At the soylent green plant.
Possibly the end of a thread Nuff Said.

Lee
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/soylent_green/sounds/soylent_green_people.wav
RIP OBG

#161563 - 01/06/09 08:16 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Desperado]
HTMLSpinnr
Unregistered

I leave the banning to the mods. Just because I have the access doesn't mean I have the permission ;-)

#161590 - 01/06/09 03:33 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Perhaps I can provide some closure here. Once there was someone in the office yesterday morning we confirmed that he had bought an RSK Mk1 from Aeromedix.com and it's well within the 30-day no-questions-asked return period. His invoice provided when he purchased and also packed with the knife includes information about their return policy and the link to get an RMA or the toll-free number to call. So far, he's not contacted Aeromedix on this issue.

I would like to thank everyone who has posted in support of me, Aeromedix and Benchmade. When you're in the midst of dealing with something like this, it's certainly nice to know that most folks appreciate that we're try very hard to treat our customers like we'd want to be treated ourselves. Thanks very much for your faith and confidence in us!
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#161598 - 01/06/09 04:44 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Doug,
Your reputation speaks for it self. Just the way username_5 went about complaining told many about him.
Stu

#161605 - 01/06/09 05:07 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

And I am really, really, really, really sorry if I judged him too harshly.

#161610 - 01/06/09 05:19 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's easy to trust a man who is obviously a true gentleman,,,,,,,,,,,ans a better man than I am!

#161612 - 01/06/09 05:21 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Right is right, wrong is wrong. In this case, you were right, he was wrong...

#161619 - 01/06/09 06:06 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
comms Offline
Veteran

Doug, you have proven to be a man of humility and honor for many years. Not just on the forum but your selfless pursuit of rigorous honesty in the preparedness community, (your pursuit of honesty with the SPOT system comes to mind), and documentation of SHOT shows, often on your own dime.

For years I only read off your main page and never joined the forum. This side only validates that side.

#161625 - 01/06/09 06:25 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: comms]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I declined to engage in the discussion because no one was going to convince the OP that he was wrong, and he was going to convince no one here that he was right. His perspective of reality, based on the only threads he started or responded to, was so obviously skewed that there was no hope of meaningful communication with him. Why waste time and effort and frustration trying to argue with a stump?

Everyone who uses this forum even a modicum must realize Doug, ETS, and Aeromedix all have integrity. Their word is solid, their reputation reliable, and their dealings more than fair. Obviously the OP was not interested in getting what he paid for, he used what would be an easily correctible situation to make himself seem important and authoritative at someone else's expense. His other threads bear evidence that he has little respect for the rights of others if they should interfere with his own wants and needs.

He'll get no further response from me. If he's gone, good riddance. If not, let us hope he learned something from this exchange, though that at this point that seems unlikely.

In other words, don't come into someone else's yard and cop a squat unless you expect to get a bb in the left cheek.

#161628 - 01/06/09 06:51 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: benjammin]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This whole thread reminds my of this attempt to buy a Fish License from the post office. laugh

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (01/06/09 06:56 PM)

#161648 - 01/06/09 09:17 PM Re: Update - He's returning his knife [Re: username_5]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Just got an email from Elliot at Aeromedix.com. Seems he was just now contacted to return the knife. Just posting to be sure we keep the record and timelines straight. smile
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#161654 - 01/06/09 09:34 PM Re: Update - He's returning his knife [Re: Doug_Ritter]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Agreed thanks Doug.

Lee
RIP OBG

#161663 - 01/06/09 11:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
We got your back, Doug.

Back? *snorts* Doug's got a detail in waiting here.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#162288 - 01/10/09 03:31 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: benjammin]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: benjammin
His perspective of reality, based on the only threads he started or responded to, was so obviously skewed that there was no hope of meaningful communication with him.
That was part of the interest for me. It seemed to me that he wasn't a troll, but someone with a genuine grievance - and that he's now contacted Aeromedix confirms this. He'd flipped into a state of mind that made it hard to get through to him, but I felt I had an angle that was worth a try.

Quote:
Everyone who uses this forum even a modicum must realize Doug, ETS, and Aeromedix all have integrity.
Yes, but the poster didn't realise that. Instead he thought Doug was a rip-off merchant and that the people supporting him were fan-boys. He wasn't going to accept what he saw as shoddy products and service. In some ways his stance was admirable, if inappropriate here. There are some shady dealers online, and it's a public service to call them out. (I'm a British person, and over here we hardly ever complain about anything - at least, not to someone who could fix it. That's not really a survival trait.)

I hope he comes back because I think he could be a worthy and valued member of the community, once these little misunderstandings are past.

#162291 - 01/10/09 03:42 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Brangdon]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sorry Brangdon, but I strongly disagree! signed P.P.o.W.

#162292 - 01/10/09 03:52 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Brangdon]
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Brangdon
Instead he thought Doug was a rip-off merchant and that the people supporting him were fan-boys. He wasn't going to accept what he saw as shoddy products and service. In some ways his stance was admirable,

But he was praising the knife just days earlier on another forum, so his sudden claims of a "junk or crap" knife, only after getting a thread locked here, seem a bit suspicious.

#162319 - 01/10/09 06:45 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

I can live without him too, unless he has a major attitude adjustment...

#162340 - 01/10/09 09:43 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Brangdon, I would urge you to read ALL of the various threads in which the aforementioned troll participated, if you still think he would be a worthy and valued member of the community, well, I don't know what to say about that actually. He was so obviously a troll that it really amazes me that you wrote what you did.

Mr. "Username5" and the other idiot who was recently banned are time-wasters and trolls, nothing more. I will give them credit for stirring up the trouble that they did, as trolls they both had a pretty good game but the fact remains, that they are trolls.

I'd ask you to read his libelous postings on Knifeforums but they've been taken down already.

JohnE

comin round

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#162341 - 01/10/09 09:50 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: JohnE]
MedB Offline

Things like this remind me of an old saying. I think it was one of Mark Twain's great quips...

"Never argue with an idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

I love that one.

#162348 - 01/10/09 10:41 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: MedB]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Wow, this thread is still going.

Did you hear about the one legged man who wanted to buy a pant?

#162374 - 01/11/09 02:34 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: JCWohlschlag]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
The thought that concerns (and actually saddens me… just a little) is that if one cannot tighten a simple screw with a calm demeanor and clear head, how would one cope with an actual emergency situation? Survival involves a lot of improvisation. You will probably have to tighten many screws along the way. You cannot get a refund if you are dead.

#162378 - 01/11/09 03:34 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
Originally Posted By: scafool
Wow, this thread is still going.

Did you hear about the one legged man who wanted to buy a pant?

Did I ever mention that I want to die like my Grandfather, peacefully in my sleep?

Not screaming in terror like the passengers in the car.

#162392 - 01/11/09 01:08 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

[quote=OldBaldGuy]I can live without him too, unless he has a major attitude adjustment... [/quoteI won't miss him for more than 1 second when he is gone. That loser called people I like and respect on this forum he had never met name like "Nazi", "Moron" and P. P. o. W.. Claims to be a Marine but acts like a wannabe pretender crybaby with a full diaper.

#162394 - 01/11/09 01:23 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
Homer_Simpson Offline

I got into it with this wannabe on another thread, started out by posting "facts" that he didn't have a clue about, didn't bother to even check into.... I'm surprised that this went on for 10 pages though.

I don't post here much but read it everyday, this site has a lot of dedicated people providing valuable information, thank you guys and keep it up.

#162424 - 01/11/09 05:25 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Homer_Simpson]
DannyL Offline

Loc: SE Alaska
Originally Posted By: Homer_Simpson

I don't post here much but read it everyday, this site has a lot of dedicated people providing valuable information, thank you guys and keep it up.

Same here, I check this forum everday, but I'm a little hesitant to post unless I have something constructive to say or add to a discussion.
This place is a really great resource, thanks to all for being part of it.

Edited by DannyL (01/11/09 05:26 PM)
Edit Reason: still can't spell worth a damn....lol

#162427 - 01/11/09 05:35 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: DannyL]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: DannyL
Originally Posted By: Homer_Simpson

Same here, I check this forum everday, but I'm a little hesitant to post unless I have something constructive to say or add to a discussion.
This place is a really great resource, thanks to all for being part of it.

Don't be so shy.
They are quite pleased to correct your errors here, and respond really well to questions.

As for me, I make a lot of stupid statements, commit many major mistakes, and ask a deluge of dumb questions.
So far they are still tolerating me.
I guess they figure it is just my learning style.

#162434 - 01/11/09 06:05 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Welcome new guys, get out of the shadows and sit by the fire. It's chilly.

Originally Posted By: scafool
I guess they figure it is just my learning style.

I figure you just too many people had rung the old stew pot, since you are in the sca. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#162452 - 01/11/09 07:37 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ironraven]
comms Offline
Veteran

What does P.P.o.W mean, anyway? Or for that matter DW or DD for wife and daughter- Dear Wife, Dear Daughter?

#162454 - 01/11/09 07:45 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: comms]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I was called a Nazi and a "Pussified Pussbag of Worthlessness" or (P.P.o.W.) by Username_5, for suggesting that he rethink his approach to the knife problem.

PC2k was called a "moron" because he offered a URL that would have helped Username_5 get to who he needed to for Customer Service.

Plenty of us offered suggestions to directly or indirectly help him, only to receive name calling for our trouble.

signed: the Nazi P.P.o.W.

#162459 - 01/11/09 08:09 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Jawohl Herr IzzyJG99!!!!!

#162475 - 01/11/09 09:25 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
Matt26 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey Wildman, I think you should wear it as a badge of honor at this point. Make it your own! laugh

#162476 - 01/11/09 09:36 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

signed: the Nazi P.P.o.W.
Jawohl Mein Herr grin grin

Edited by SBRaider (01/12/09 10:15 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#162496 - 01/11/09 11:45 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
JohnE Offline
Addict

The Marines I've met, well most of em any way, never refer to themselves as a "former Marine" as did our recent troll. They also never use the fact that they served as some sort of qualifier when discussing issues that are not military related, also something done by the recent troll.

"I'm a former Marine, don't tell me how to wash my car..."

Couple that with the invoking of Godwin's Law and we have overwhelming evidence that the person in question was and most likely remains, a troll. Not to mention he was just a rude little f$%C#@r.

On another topic all together, a priest, a rabbi, a nun, and a guy with a parrot on his shoulder walk into a bar...

Wait for it.....

Bartender looks up, says, "what is this, a joke?"

JohnE

comin round

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#162558 - 01/12/09 06:41 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: JohnE]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Holy Cow! I did'nt think this thread would go on this long.

Lee
RIP OBG

#162559 - 01/12/09 08:03 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: JohnE]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I agree with your assessment concerning Marines, irt Username_5, based on my own experiences.

There is only ONE EX-Marine,,,,,his name is/was Lee Harvey Oswald! He definitely was NOT an example of the typical Marine!

Semper Fidelis and Semper Paratus!!!!

#162561 - 01/12/09 09:36 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: wildman800]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Wow. Major personality disorder.

That was an interesting way for someone to get service. Buy something then go to web sites and slander the product, its makers and distributor. Go to the site associated with the designer and threaten to continue your slander at various web sites every twelve hours until all your demands are met. Blackmail much. Along the way gratuitously insult everyone and generally work hard at coming across like the world's largest inflamed hemorrhoid.

Can you imagine what being in a survival situation with this guy would be like? Perhaps trapped with a climbing group on the side of a mountain. Forced to ration food and water and packed like sardines into tents.

Things don't go exactly his way and he bypasses normal communication and all expectations of civility and jumps straight into leveraging his ability to make life miserable for everyone around him through insult, slander, spreading accusations and generally raising a stink.

In just about every likely disaster scenario getting along with people will be a vital skill. People under stress are unlikely to have much tolerance for such agitation, lack of patience, and verbal abuse.

On the other side it does open up an interesting question: How do you deal with difficult personalities? Do you give in and let him have what he wants? What if he wants more than his fair share? Do you 'help him off the mountain' the hard way? Or do you hog tie and gag him for his own protection before someone gives him impromptu 'Flying lessons'?

#162565 - 01/12/09 10:47 AM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Stu]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

I'd tell you a joke about a pencil, but it would be pointless.

#162580 - 01/12/09 12:49 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
MedB Offline

Art, it's a great question.

I think you take the "high road" as much as possible. That means exercising a measure of patience, trying to explain (not argue), make honest attempts to listen, etc. People are smart and more times than not the group will vote the troublemaker off the island.

#162594 - 01/12/09 02:07 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: JohnE]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: JohnE
The Marines I've met, well most of em any way, never refer to themselves as a "former Marine" as did our recent troll.

Good point. Once a Marine, always a Marine...

It is a shame that people get easily offended these days or just are out looking for trouble.

#162687 - 01/12/09 08:33 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Mike_H]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Wow, is this thread still going?

A guy goes to see the doctor. He has a pea in poked up one nostril, a grape hanging out the other nostril, and string beans sticking out of his ears.

He says to the doctor, "I don't feel good."

The doctor says, "The problem is very simple. You are not eating right!"

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.