Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#15497 - 04/30/03 01:01 PM Beauty of being prepared...
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
It’s good to have everything handy both for survival situation and convenience. Since on this board we get two different PSKs: one that is sealed and opened in case of emergency and other which is constantly in use I opted for the second type. My PSK may not contain everything out there that is needed but it has enough of stuff in there to make my life easier. Lately we seem to get into the arguments of firearms necessity, edged tools and what should be in your PSK or not. I think that it’s which in your rights to carry weapons and if your state allows it than god bless you. Edged weapons/tools also became a problem but lets face it: they are very useful. I carry a lot of stuff on me: PSK, FAK, Wave, quick oxygen wrench, Sebenza, 2 flashlights (solitaire and arc lc), Photon, cords, bandana, carabineers, strobe (ms2000), fast food (2 cliff bars), lighter, space blanket, Milky Bones and couple sets of latex gloves. I guess that living in NYC and barely making it out of WTC made me rethink my entire survival strategies. I became an EMT (and work few nights a week as one) to learn about first aid and I try to keep within reasonable shape. I know that my “toys and tools” won’t protect me from nuclear, bio or chemical attack. I just try to learn as much as I can about it and in reality it’s less scary than what media wants you to believe it is. My car is prepared, I know enough about survival, compass use to make it out all right. But I think that the biggest point of having all the stuff on me and knowledge is the fact that I use it everyday. My life is made easier day by day because of what I know. Having almost non stop access to FAK allowed me to help others and my self in many nasty situations, my PSK is an endless source of little tricks that can keep me occupied and also come handy during longer trips. Rest of my carry is used on daily bases as well. Above is just a statement how you can take something serious as survival and make it fun and useful. My girlfriend calls my FAK and PSK a “little magic box”. My friends also refer others to me with words: “Go to Matt he has it”. Use your PSKs and other stuff everyday guys, it’s hell lot of fun I’m telling ya.

Matt

#15498 - 04/30/03 05:10 PM Re: Beauty of being prepared...
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I can use a well-stocked PSK to attract females? *runs off to update his kit*

#15499 - 04/30/03 05:23 PM Re: Beauty of being prepared...
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Yes it works magic but my dog does much better job.

Matt

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 486 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.