Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1536 - 09/03/01 10:41 PM CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do any of you own this knife? have you guys heard anything about it? i think im gonna buy one but im not sure and would like your guy's say in it. Check it out at <br>http://www.1sks.com/store/crkt-stiff-kiss-info.html<br><br>It looks nice and weighs nothing so i thought i might check it out, plus i collect knives so what the hey.<br><br>

#1537 - 09/03/01 11:36 PM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

>>Do any of you own this knife? <<<br><br>I own one- is there something specific I can answer? It's very flat, very light, ground on one side like the folding KISS versions, and has a fairly light and flat but complex hard sheath. A lot might depend on the carry you have in mind, and whether you like or despise chisel grinds.<br><br>IMHO, while CRKT knives are not perhaps the pinnacle of production knives these days, they are generally a very good value for the money- they seem to be equivalent in quality to production knives that cost easily twice as much, and better than some. I understand it's because the brand owns it's own production facilities, cutting out some middlemen. Real bargains can be found on-line.<br><br>I haven't actually used the stiff KISS much, but I have used other CRKT knives, including Sampson's KISS, and they've done fine so far. I'm quite fond of the Sampson's KISS for everyday carry in the suburbs- but a knife is such a personal thing, I'm hesitant to recommend ANYTHING to others.<br><br><br>

#1538 - 09/03/01 11:41 PM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well How fat is the sheath? i know the knife is nice and thin but what about the sheath? is there a position on the sheath were u can carry the knife on your belt going sideways not straight up and down?<br>I read 2 other reviews and they all love the knife so now im just going to go buy it.<br><br>

#1539 - 09/04/01 12:08 AM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

The sheath is very hard to describe in text, it's a complex and unusual shape. It's thickest point is very small, and that's less than a half inch thick. Most of the sheath is far thinner than that. There's a pretty good picture of it from a few different angles on-line at:<br><br>http://www.crkt.com/stifkiss.html<br><br>There is a seperate piece, a hard plastic flat sleeve, that can be screwed to the edge with two supplied studs to allow a horizontal carry.. but the sleeve is not centered over the knife this way, so at the side the handle will stick out. Might work carried across the back like a seax.<br><br><br>

#1540 - 09/04/01 01:06 AM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
It's my knife of choice for backpacking. Very light and long enough to cut fruit and veggies. It's also a perfect paring and steak knife in the kitchen!<br><br>

#1541 - 09/04/01 03:43 AM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im amazed by the kindness of people on this wonderful forum day after day.<br>Thanx presumedlost!<br><br>

#1542 - 09/04/01 09:19 AM Re: CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're quite welcome. There's also a pretty good picture of the whole rig on this eBay auction:<br><br>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1186934696<br><br>One thing that might not be obvious from the pictures is that the horizontal carry "belt loop" can be affixed directly behind the sheath, as well as to one side, so that the knife would ride over the belt instead of below it.<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (jds), 551 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by jds
47 minutes 17 seconds ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.