Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1533 - 09/03/01 02:07 PM Bearjaws multipliers-warning
Stefan Offline

Loc: Sweden, South
I recently handeled my friends Super Bearjaws and were quite suprised by the bad design. Though the tools are acessible with the pliers inside, It dosnt have any needlenosed-pliers worth talking about (Swisstool-size) and the foldout tools dosent lock into place as good as the Swisstool or the Leatherman Supertool. I was not impressed and would go for anyone of the above instead. I think that when Doug tried to get a sample for testing, he didnt recive one and that tells a lot about quality!<br>Is there anyone who knows if one can get a customized basic leatherman (I want one with locking tools like the supertool)? I like the Leatherman Supertool but its to much weight and to bulky in my taste to carry in the belt especially when carrying a backpack.<br><br>Stefan<br><br>

#1534 - 09/04/01 04:08 AM Re: Bearjaws multipliers-warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stefan,<br><br>Check out the Leatherman Pulse. Similar to the PST II with a fairly decent locking system. Gerber Multi-Pliers and Victorinox Swiss Tools have pretty good locking systems as well.<br><br>

#1535 - 09/04/01 01:48 PM Re: Bearjaws multipliers-warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,<br><br>SwissTools are it period, if they only started using the Buck Legend triangular hardmetal cutting edges that would make the SwissTool really the ultimate tool.<br>Off course adding the Gerber legends exchangable sawblade holder would make it without competion.<br><br>The hardmetal triangular so rotatable cutting edge of the Gerber Legend really rocks, you can cut hard wire and I mean really tuff stuff with it that would ruin any Multitools plier cutting edge immediately (I've destructed the cutting edge on my standard leatherman tool, the Supertool and a Vitorinox Swisstool that way already) <br><br>Best Scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (jds), 551 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by jds
47 minutes 17 seconds ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.