Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151444 - 10/09/08 06:49 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Tirec]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
I haven't heard of any riots...

#151445 - 10/09/08 06:55 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: BobS]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I lived in Simi Valley when the first Watts riots happened.There was no Reagan Freeway, just the old Pass Road famed for movies and Charlie Manson.I think the population was all of 25,000 back then. This perpetual candidate for the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. ticket for state assemblyman , George Margolis organised a militia. George was something, claimed to be a former USAF special OPS general ( my service file is sealed for national security) yet drew a mental disability pension from Social Security after the Army discharged him.

You could spot his dedicated 80 odd band of supporters, the old crome bumpers had this spraypainted stencil of VOTE FOR GEORGE as bumperstickers were to expensive.So on the night of the riots George and several others trailored 3 old abandoned cars up the Old Pass Road, pulled the 4 tires and rims off and put sandbags on the trunks and hoods for rifle rests.

Somebody, turned back in the early morning as daylight broke called the Sherrif. And so ended the unsung, almost forgotten defense of Simi Valley/Roarck's Rift from hoards of Shaka Zulu rioters driving all the way from downtown El A to Ventura county to destroy the citrus industry.

George actually got elected as PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. candidate the following election. And every PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. suddenly outside this 205 voter spike suddently abandoned 'REAGAN COUNTRY' and voted for the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER..Even 'Uncle Ronnie' rode by one day on horseback and said "That guy's a nutcase!"

The first black family moved to Simi that year too. I met Sally on the school summer comittee. I had this 16 OZ glass Coca-Cola that cost an outrageous .25 ( silver) with deposit. Sally said she was thirsty. I gave her my coke. All eyes watched her drink. Then Her eyes watched ME as I took it back and drank without wiping the edge or putting it down.Funny thing, Sally's dad was a LAPD Captain, one of many in that police bedroom community to this day.

I like to think I gave birth to civil equality in Simi that day, old George and his paratrooper M1 carbine notwithstanding.

Now, to assure true racial equality,I propose EVERYBODY riot.We all have enough cause to.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (10/09/08 07:03 PM)

#151446 - 10/09/08 07:01 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK

[/quote]

#151447 - 10/09/08 07:03 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
"Now, to assure true racial equality,I propose EVERYBODY riot."

That's the spirit!!!

#151449 - 10/09/08 07:06 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: benjammin]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: benjammin
"Now, to assure true racial equality,I propose EVERYBODY riot."

That's the spirit!!!

Cool, where do I start??? You don't expect me to riot in my own neighborhood do you??? grin

#151450 - 10/09/08 07:07 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Tirec]
CityBoyGoneCountry Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Tirec
Some pundits have suggested that if PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. loses the election it could result in widespread race riots or civil unrest similar to the riots in 1993 following the acquittal of the police officers in the Rodney King trial.

Racist much?

Basically you're saying black people are such sore losers that we should expect them to riot.

#151452 - 10/09/08 07:26 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: CityBoyGoneCountry]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I doubt that it would happen just because a "white black man" loses the election. I guess it could possibly be a minor trigger, but if there is civil unrest, I suspect that it will be due to a combination of many other things: losing your job due to the economy, not being able to afford a tank of gas because our dollar isn't worth much anymore, not being able to afford to buy enough food, not being able to afford to buy medicine AND food, having to see your family living in your car or under a bridge, etc.

Terrorists (even local ones) are just terrorists. If they don't have one excuse, they will use another, even if they have to fabricate it. Angry, frustrated (otherwise fairly normal) people join the melee. The news media feeds it.

Anyone who has been reading these forums (or anything similar) should know by now that Preparedness is being prepared for ANYTHING. Have some food and water, some gear, and a prepared mindset that you can roll with the punches.

America is reeling from a lot of problems, due to multiple causes. Do what you can with what you've got, and get ready to jump in any direction.

Sue

#151454 - 10/09/08 07:30 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: CityBoyGoneCountry]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
I don't foresee Senator PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. losing the election, by itself, as a trigger for unrest and violence. But I do foresee the possibility of big trouble if he loses the vote count when the exit and other polls indicate that he should have won.

These has been a significant loss of confidence in the electoral process after the debacle in Florida in 2000 and the alleged electronic vote rigging in 2004. If there is a widespread perception that the election was stolen, there is likely to be widespread dissent and protest, some of which could turn violent.

The potential for violence will be increased if there is a heavy-handed official response to protests. Let us remember that it was the Chicago Police who rioted at the 1968 Democratic Convention, not the protesters.

I fear that there are some elements in the Federal government who are just itching to crack down and quash any hint of dissent or protest from the citizenry, and might seize upon this opportunity to exercise their new, self-granted "emergency powers." I am, as always, more afraid of what my government may do than I am of what my fellow citizens may do.

Jeff

#151455 - 10/09/08 07:31 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Tirec]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Funny, OJ received a guilty verdict and the world went on as usual, no riots.

I think some are trying to stir the pot of discontent to see what will rise; as for me, life is tough enough right now dealing with reality, without trying to worry about hypothetical situations.

Pete

#151456 - 10/09/08 07:37 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: paramedicpete]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
life is tough enough right now dealing with reality, without trying to worry about hypothetical situations.

Pete

I agree with that 100%.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 276 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.