Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#148048 - 09/09/08 05:03 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: wildman800]
Raspy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Centre Hall Pa
Isn't it amazing that the lefties are the ones that instantly start the name calling and conspiracy claims.

Art & Henry keep your politics to yourselves.

But then again I guess there is only free speech if you bow to the liberal line.

And always remember TANSTAAFL

#148053 - 09/09/08 06:14 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Raspy]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Raspy, you are skating on very thin ETS ice here. Once again, and once more please read the ETS forum rules and courtesys.

I personally listen to a great many alternative news sources of many political bent. It's not unlike that elephant and the blind men describing it. And the annual listing of the top censored stories in the media is always good reading.

I was standing mid watch on the old decommissioned cutters Winona and Minnetonka.
I was turning the dial on my pocket FM radio and discovered KPFA of the Pacifica Foundation. It's a melee' of leftist opinion mixed with folk music.

So I come home and listen to it's sister L.A. station KPFK. And one day in the middle of Mario Cassetta playing some gawd awfull gutteral throat music by Mongolian shepherds the station WENT DEAD for two hours.

Rumours of a government assault flew faster than Venice Beach rollerskating girls in bikinis past rastafarian musicians, red Che' tshirt vendors and black helicopters.

What actually ensued, was old Mario ran out to his car in the middle of a set for some Quebeca folk music and locked himself out of the station in those pre cellphone days.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (09/09/08 06:36 AM)

#148059 - 09/09/08 11:18 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Yup, it's threads like these I try to avoid so as not to incur the wrath of the ETS gods.

#148075 - 09/09/08 01:11 PM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: benjammin]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Ditto...

#148131 - 09/09/08 06:04 PM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Well one things for sure, Jeff Rense sure has one sweet a** mullet....LOL!!

#148135 - 09/09/08 06:55 PM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Blast]
DesertFox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York, NY
Originally Posted By: Blast
Quote:
Rense, long a facile and compliant mouthpiece for the wingnut right and favorite outlet for PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. propaganda,

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'll definately start checking it out from now on.

-Blast

Ha. Knew there was something I liked about you. I'll keep the black helicopter idling. wink

#148184 - 09/10/08 03:50 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Raspy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Centre Hall Pa
Fine Chris. I guess political correctness has hit here to. I'm not the one that started the name calling. Art started it with his wingnut right comments. With Henry following up with his slander and accusations about Bush. I guess I'm on thin ice because I dare call them on it. So I suspect you are a member of that crowd that can bash the right. Yeah it's free speech as long as it is only for the left.

I guess the ice broke. You and this entire board can go to HE11.

Do us all a favor. Remove me from your roles. Remove my post from your crap forum.

F**K YOU

And always remember TANSTAAFL

#148195 - 09/10/08 10:06 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Raspy]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
That's a very good tantrum. I'll give it... 8/10.

Can I have your signature?

www.kravmagafederation.com

#148197 - 09/10/08 10:31 AM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Art_in_FL]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
long a facile and compliant mouthpiece

Regardless, it is protected by free speech. Like or dislike the politics, attacking a web site by script kiddies is little different from talking in the theater and peing in the snow in the park. But if we want to factor in the politics, then if it is under attack and their server isn't dieing, there is possibility that someone is attempting to muzzle a competing viewpoint. Kinda violates the spirit of what we say we stand for.

If that is what politics is becoming, then this is not a place where you want to be happily crowing about it- "rightwing, lunatic paranoids" has been used to describe people who think that it is not only normal but proper for the private person to have 20 or 30 gallons of water, a month of food stored and against storm, earthquake, and economic disruption. Particularly when they also think their protection and defense starts with them. IE, most of the people on this site.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#148207 - 09/10/08 12:31 PM Re: Alternative news sources under attack? [Re: Raspy]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Rasy,

Please reconsider leaving ETS. The information you've provided us over the years has been invaluable! Your posts on Car BOBs, EDC for the Brooks Brothers Set, Firemaking, etc... should be required reading for any new members of ETS.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 294 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.