Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#145138 - 08/21/08 02:27 PM Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!)
Paragon Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Although some of you may have seen my STOMP II Medical Pack posted over on Zombie Squad, I figured there would be those that don't get over there very often and might be interested in seeing it, so it can be viewed here in climberslaker's Official FAK Show-off Thread.

Thanks, Jim

#145144 - 08/21/08 02:55 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Paragon]
dweste Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Central California
Head hurts from looking at too much stuff. Wow. I'm intimidated and my PFAK, BOB FAK, and Bug-In FAK are going to hide under the covers for a while. Tell us when its safe to look again!

#145146 - 08/21/08 03:01 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: dweste]
Yuccahead Offline

Loc: W. Texas
I agree with dweste. I would say it's like an entire Walgreen's in a pack but Walgreen's doesn't carry that many SKUs.

Really, how can I get you to be my neighbor?

#145148 - 08/21/08 03:11 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Paragon]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Wow. How do you remember where everything is? I hate searching thru a bag/kit looking for something that I need RIGHT NOW...

#145166 - 08/21/08 04:19 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: NightHiker]
Paragon Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: JohnE
How did you obtain all of the various prescription meds and other equipment that is FDA controlled?

I work as an EMT and I don't carry that much gear...

Over time I have developed good relationships and a mutual trust with my doctors, and they have an understanding of my training and appreciate my commitment to preparedness.

While the prescriptions are indeed varied, the quantities are quite limited (as they should be for personal use). I’m sure that it also helps that I always return the expired meds to them whenever asking for a new script, confirming that the meds are not being used inappropriately.

Originally Posted By: NightHiker
I can't believe I'm about to suggest adding anything to your kit

Medications:
Levaquin & Cipro are great choices, both very versatile.
The only thing that I woud do is consider an anti-parasitic ( Flagyl ) and maybe some Diflucan

Those are just a couple of things that jumped out at me, I've had a lot of experience with wilderness/travel medicine and those two drugs are extremely valuable.

Thanks a bunch, those both seem like very good additions to consider.

Jim

#145174 - 08/21/08 05:04 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: NightHiker]
Grouch Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: NightHiker
IMHO, if the SHTF this is the kind of kit that you want to have on hand, even if some of it is beyond your skill/knowledge level, if somebody with the right training happens to be on site you're all in business.

I agree, and that's why I carry a kit that is beyond my level of training. Once, while off-duty (LEO), I rolled up on a fresh crash scene. A nurse happened by as I took control of the scene in an attempt to avoid additional problems. She tended the injured as best she could but, had I been prepared with my current kit, she could have done much more. Fortunately, we managed to do a fair job until on-duty help arrived.

#145178 - 08/21/08 05:42 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Grouch]
jaywalke Offline

Loc: Appalachian mountains
I hope you own a medical supply store.

If not, what kind of interest rate did you get on the second mortgage? :-]

#145179 - 08/21/08 05:43 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Grouch]
7point82 Offline
Addict

Loc: Orange Beach, AL
Ok, that's a very impressive FAK. A+

I don't even want to know how long it took to build the post! eek

#145195 - 08/21/08 08:01 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Paragon]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

That is by far the most impressive kit I've ever seen. I wouldn't have a clue of how to use most of that stuff, I would definitely say you have a kit that's better than any third world hospital. Outstanding and then some.......

#145216 - 08/21/08 10:07 PM Re: Paragon's STOMP II Medical Pack (56k Warning!) [Re: Paragon]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
*stops*
*stares*
*jaw drops*
*stares some more*
*points*

A very good friend of mine is a former AF PJ, and he doesn't have this much in his car bag. I officially want Paragon on my team!

I saw a few survival items (LM, the mini bic, head lamp)- I might add a whistle, mirror, 25' or so of cordage (like 3mm accessory cord, if you can' wiggle in p-cord), and maybe a ferro rod or a sparklite. Nothing major, but just enough.

BTW, this post isn't even cable modem friendly. *laughs* Mine stalled out several times on this.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 295 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.