Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#144515 - 08/18/08 12:48 AM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: TheSock]
BruceZed Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Personally I'd purchase "THE BOOGEYMAN COSTUME" its $200 cheaper
boreal.net

#144785 - 08/19/08 04:55 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: ]
Yuccahead Offline

Loc: W. Texas
This seems to confirm that it's a scam:

http://www.cbs46.com/news/17232407/detail.html#-

#144788 - 08/19/08 05:06 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: Yuccahead]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Fox news has a humorous post about the fraud, as it thawed it turned out to be a rubber Sasquatch Halloween costume. The two experts admitted the hoax then beat feet when the reporters came to their hotel.

Fox News

I actually want to believe there is a Bigfoot but this doesn't help the cause.

#144792 - 08/19/08 05:41 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: comms]
Grouch Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: comms
I actually want to believe there is a Bigfoot but this doesn't help the cause.

I think it is entirely possible that there is a solitary, unidentified animal out there. I mean, millions of people have never seen a polar bear in person but they accept that they exist. What's the difference?

#144837 - 08/19/08 11:11 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: NightHiker]
CityBoyGoneCountry Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: NightHiker
I think it's entirely possible that an undiscovered species of large mammal is out there somewhere. Just a couple of weeks ago they found 125,000 (yeah that's right one hundred and twenty five thousand) lowland gorillas in the Congo that nobody knew were there. Granted this is not a new species but scientists not knowing they were out there certainly lends credence to the possiblity of smaller populations of other types of primates elsewhere. On the island of Borneo alone over 400 new species of plants and animals have been discovered in the last 12 years.

Science is good but it doesn't have all the answers.

But you're talking about really remote foreign jungles. There is no such place left in the United States. Sure, we have lots of wilderness areas, but it's all been thoroughly explored. There's not a square foot of land anywhere in this country that some hiker, or hunter, or fisherman, or park ranger hasn't been.

#144859 - 08/20/08 01:15 AM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: NightHiker]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
I don't know if I would put money on that. Even if most of the country has been explored (I would never say thoroughly) there is a LOT of territory that is extremely desolate, especially here out West. There's also a lot of Canada that's exceptionally remote too. Just because a person's been there doesn't mean people go there very often and wild animals tend to be a little on the elusive side.

I would have to agree. Even in areas which are populated there are some unexpected creatures to be found. Here in Scotland there aren't meant to be any large cats, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. And if they aren't meant to exist then very few folks actually go looking.

I once saw a Caracal jump over a 6 foot tall bush on the way to the pub between Newport on Tay and Wormit whilst walking along the nature trail (the old disused railway line running behind the village). I suspect that there are even larger cats in the more remote areas of Scotland having come across tracks in the snow. Cat paw prints about 20cm across.

Just look at the effort it took to get some video of the Snow Leopard in Pakistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3KTK4kHII&feature=related

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/20/08 04:28 PM)

#144961 - 08/20/08 06:33 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: NightHiker]
Grouch Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: NightHiker
- entertaining and unlikely but always possible wink

That's how I feel about long marriages now that I am twice divorced. crazy

#145075 - 08/21/08 03:57 AM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: Yuccahead]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Loc: At the soylent green plant.
Yup, look Fraud .

Lee
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/soylent_green/sounds/soylent_green_people.wav
RIP OBG

#145521 - 08/23/08 12:56 PM Re: Has the latest bigfoot hoax been exposed yet? [Re: TheSock]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: TheSock
But physical evidence is never produced is it?
I did hear of one chap who had actual photographic proof that Elvis was still alive.

He contacted a newspaper and they sent a journalist out. It was a remote cottage near a country trail. The chap told the story about how he was sitting outside and saw a stranger walk by, realised it was Elvis and called out to him, and chatted for a while before asking for the photograph. So the journo finally asks to see the picture. It showed the man, standing next to his cottage with a copy of a recent newspaper. "Where's Elvis?" asks the journo. "Who do you think took the photo?" says the chap.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 287 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.