Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#144275 - 08/15/08 04:18 PM Re: Cartels growing pot in U.S. National Forests?? [Re: Nishnabotna]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: Nishnabotna
Drop gun?
A drop gun is a spare weapon that you carry with you that can be "dropped" beside the body of the person you just shot. When the police come, it appears to have been a justifiable homocide (self defense).

Police officers have (fairly or unfairly, I don't know) been accused of using this tactic. Shoot a man who doesn't have a gun, and you can have disciplinary actions, civil lawsuits, criminal court proceedings, and even riots. Not fun. If an officer thinks someone has a gun, shoots him, and kills him but then finds no weapon, the incident investigation goes rather more smoothly if one merely "drops" a gun near the dead man's hand.

#144289 - 08/15/08 06:54 PM Re: Cartels growing pot in U.S. National Forests?? [Re: dweste]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
strictly in jest, my friend.

When we begin to stray into the political realm so much, I have to wax a bit comical, otherwise, I might post something that'd get me kicked off the forum. laugh

What if's like finding someone growing weed on my land would cause me to call the police and let them know what's going on. Maybe there's a chance they think I am in on it, but if I knew about it and didn't make the call, how much the worse for me then?

Anyways, I am not so macho that I can't admit to running like a scared little girl for the bunker a time or two. The "S" on my chest got torn off a long time ago. eek

#144322 - 08/15/08 11:10 PM Re: Cartels growing pot in U.S. National Forests?? [Re: benjammin]
bmisf Offline

Originally Posted By: benjammin
The question isn't whether growing or using marijuana is okay, but that evil people are abusing and destroying a natural resource without any remuneration or accountability, while at the same time depriving the rest of us of the use and enjoyment of our public property. Whether any of us would legalize drug use or the growing/manufacturing of it is irrelevent to the real issue, which is one group of people wantonly trampling on the rights of others without consequence for purely economic reasons.

That, my friends, is what is most unacceptable about this situation. That is what we should be fighting against with all our effort.

That, to me, cuts to the core of what this is all about.

I was just backpacking the High Sierra Trail in Sequoia National park the past five days, and this situation was high on our conversation list. Such a beautiful and largely unspoiled area - truly a national treasure - and such a shame to have it chipped away from us by criminals who think nothing of trashing the landscape and harming anyone who gets in their way.

One of the other backpackers knows a Forest Service manager in the area, and claimed his friend said that he personally believes 90% of the drainages in that area are planted. Don't know if it's true, but alarming if so.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 266 Guests and 108 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Today at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.