Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#1415 - 08/25/01 05:06 PM survival knife
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all you knife collecters out there, My dads friends gave me a Survival knife that has been through every camping trip with me and it was a custom knife with the signature RP on it and we have no clue who that is. my dad said it might be richard paul but we dont know. ill post a picture of it sometime this month and you guys can take a stab at it. i was wandering cause the knife is outstanding in quality and has a hollow handle (i know i thought the blade would fly off when i got it but the knife maker did a really nice job on it) the draw back is that it is heavy. it is heavy as a small axe but i dont want to use it as small axe cause its a 2 peice<br>knife. but it does have a unique saw back that works really well. it had a false edge but my dads friend decided to sharped it! but if anybody knows any knife makers by the signature of RP let me know what you think! thanx every 1<br><br><br>

#1416 - 08/25/01 07:05 PM Re: survival knife
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Ron, Take quality photos of both sides, write all pertinent information and submit to the one of the knive magazines for identification in their reader columns. You never know what may be a rare or desireable collectors item. We used to cut watermellons in AZ with an old saber. My mother was convinced Id stab my eye out. It was a 6th cavalry buffalo soldier's!<br><br>

#1417 - 08/25/01 08:43 PM Re: survival knife
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL did you sell it? or did the value go down cause one of your eyes was stuck to it? smile jk thats neat tho.<br><br>

#1418 - 08/26/01 06:24 AM Re: survival knife
Greg Offline
newbie member

Loc: Washington State, U.S.A.
The name you're looking for is Robert Parrish. He is (or was)<br>a regular advertiser in Soldier of Fortune magazine. The knife<br>was fairly expensive-almost as much as a Randall. As to the<br>quality, I really couldn't say, but I seem to remember some<br>sort of torture test by one of the "names" in custom knifemaking<br>that didn't go well for Parrish's product. <br>(Bill Bagwell?)<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.