Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#136464 - 06/17/08 04:21 PM Re: Multi Tool [Re: djlmwh]
Spiritwalker Offline

SOG PowerLock is my usual EDC but on occasion I carry a 12 year old Gerber (I don't recall the model anymore).

#141029 - 07/23/08 06:27 PM Re: Multi Tool [Re: Spiritwalker]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel

I return from multitool.org, bearing the Swissgrip and roaring my victory to the Gods themselves!!

I can't recall who directed me there in the first place, but whoever it was - thank you. I can now tell a Powerlock from a folding umbrella.

My oh my, this is one tough son of a Swiss. It's pretty much pliers with a giant wood saw, full-size screwdriver set and a metal file. Just what I was looking for. It is perfect.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#141070 - 07/23/08 10:51 PM Re: Multi Tool [Re: ]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Leatherman Wave(purchased 2008)
also a victorinox Classic on my keychain.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#141074 - 07/23/08 11:36 PM Re: Multi Tool [Re: Erik_B]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

I can open the blade on my Charge TTi with my left hand... I open it up to were the spine of teh blade is at about a 90 degree angle to the rest of the tool, and then reach over with my thumb and open it the rest of the way...

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

#141096 - 07/24/08 01:09 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: climberslacker]
clarktx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Houston, Texas
I started with the new wave, which has really been enormously useful. However, I did get a bit set for it as a gift and I can't say is worth the money but it is useful as a gimmie. I've since bought a squirt to replace it when backpacking. My wife got me the micra, which is my "around Houston" tool. If you haven't gotten your S.O. one I think its a nice little gift. I would really like to get a skeletool, it seems like it is going to be better than the squirt and lighter than the wave. Good thread, nice to see whats being carried. That wenger swissgrip looks amusing.

I wonder if one day I'll have more multitools than knives. smirk I really like the universal ability.

#141100 - 07/24/08 01:25 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: clarktx]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
I've carried a Leatherman Charge Ti with a bitkit for a couple of years now, and it has excelled in all tasks that I've put it to including flint knapping.

I saved Christmas with it! While visiting family for the holidays I put together my nephew's scooter, opened battery compartment doors and freed innumerable plastic bubble-packed items from their shells with the aid of my Leatherman.

#141102 - 07/24/08 01:28 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: Nicodemus]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

The Gerber fan in me hates to admit it but I've grown to love my TTi despite the fact that I can't get the blade open with my left hand. It opens really nice with my right so I guess that's good if my good hand ever gets buggered up.

#141117 - 07/24/08 02:57 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: ]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
It’s not as important as to what multi-tool you have on you as it is that you have one with you.

Whoever it’s made by it will do the job. Leatherman or Gerber or Swiss Army Knife. They all work!

I have a Victorinox Swiss Champ and a Leatherman tool, and the Swiss Champ gets used the most.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

#141120 - 07/24/08 04:12 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: BobS]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
Originally Posted By: BobS
It’s not as important as to what multi-tool you have on you as it is that you have one with you.

Whoever it’s made by it will do the job. Leatherman or Gerber or Swiss Army Knife. They all work!

I have a Victorinox Swiss Champ and a Leatherman tool, and the Swiss Champ gets used the most.

Absolutely. They all work, right until some of them break. Then they kind of stop working... and then it matters just what exactly you have with you.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#141125 - 07/24/08 04:41 AM Re: Multi Tool [Re: Rodion]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
My Swiss Champ is 20-years old, my Leatherman tool is about the same age. They haven't broke yet. The knife handle plastic did get a small chip in it from drop off an antenna tower 10-years ago but I patched it with “Bullshooters gun front site insert kit.” It was a perfect color match and you can’t see the epoxy repair at all.

As long as you buy quality tools and (the important thing) understand how not to abuse them and ask no more then they were made to do, you will have a long lasting friend. You can’t do things like loosen a lug nut with a multi tool.

I have seen multi tools brought back to my friend’s gun shop that were only 6-months old that were badly damaged. Cleary these tools were more then used, they were abused by guys that could not understand how to use and not use them. People expected him to just reach into the counter and give them a new one. He always explains the warrantee is with the company, not him.

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by brandtb
05/01/24 10:50 PM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.