The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#131875 - 05/02/08 03:06 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: raydarkhorse]
LeeG Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Age 43, some college, Phoenix, AZ

1) No. I am fairly certain there will be at least one major city hit with WMD in my lifetime though.

2) Pretty certain no chance of a 'World War'. Equally certain of smaller uses of WMD.

3) Within 10 years, I say 30%. Within 50, probably 70% (chance of my #1)

4) I would say North America has about a 50-50 chance of being the target

5) As to the case of a large scale WMD war, those of us living in major metro areas are basically screwed. In the case of a single use WMD on a city or region, well, that can be mostly treated like a natural disaster and prepared for and survived in a similar way.

Edited by LeeG (05/02/08 03:07 PM)

#131876 - 05/02/08 03:10 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: LeeG]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
This may be late, but you could still use it as you secondary data group for comparison.

46, Master of Science, OK

1) Yes
2) Maybe
3) 5-20 yrs
4) Possibly
5) Yes, No

#131881 - 05/02/08 03:58 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: raydarkhorse]
Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sector 16
College Graduate
No

#131883 - 05/02/08 04:14 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
BrianTexas Offline
Ordinary Average Guy
Enthusiast

Loc: North Central Texas, USA
Wildman, interesting survey. Love to see the results.

Brian, Texas, age: 44, BS in Business Administration, Masters of Theology Studies

1. Yes, but more likely tactical nukes instead of large exchange of ICBMs.

2. Probably.

3. 5 years or longer.

4. North America would get hit eventually, but I think it will start in Middle East (Israel hit with suitcase nuke, then retaliates with larger nuclear response) or between India/Pakistan.

5. Yes, there are things that I could do, but no, I probably won't do them because of it's cost prohibitive.

Edited by BrianTexas (05/02/08 04:16 PM)

#131884 - 05/02/08 04:15 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
librarian Offline

Loc: Conroe, Texas
60, Masters degree, Texas (female)
1.Yes but limited scale
2.Probably
3.5 yrs
4.Probably
5.Yes...prepared for man and/or nature

#131909 - 05/02/08 11:42 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
toke49 Offline
Stranger

Loc: Central Virginia, U.S.A.
58, 4yrs college, Central Va.
1.) No, but I do believe we will see some sort of activuty involving smaller WMD`s In the next 5-10 years.

#131910 - 05/02/08 11:43 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Bachelor's Degree
Louisiana (heaven help me)

1. No
2. Unlikely.
3. NA
4. NA
5. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

#131919 - 05/03/08 01:09 AM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: wildman800

1) Do you believe that there may be in your lifetime a World War III involving nuclear weapons? Yes or No,,,,if No, skip the rest of the questions.

2) How strongly do you believe? Unlikely, maybe, probably, or certain.

3) How soon do you think it will occur such as: within the next year; within 2 years; 5 years or longer; 20-50years

4) Do you think North America will be hit? No; Possibly; Probably; Definitely.

5) Do you think that there is anything that you could do to survive in the event that our homeland is a target and if so, have you personally made any preparations? Yes; No

Tomorrow night I'll tell you who is trying to get this info from the general public. Like I said at the beginning, no answers gotten here can be added to the actual survey results because of the nature of this website, to begin with.

#1 ... there may be in your lifetime a World War III involving nuclear weapons? "[M]ay" be suggests possibility not probability. It is pretty hard, maybe impossible, to overestimate how high humanity can reach. And, unfortunately, how low we can stoop.

It is highly improbable that a full "World War III" scale event will happen. But it is not impossible.

2# I feel it is highly probable that my estimation is accurate.

3# The five to ten year range seems the most dangerous based on public information I have seen. The rhetoric, on the other hand, has a habit of declaring it is the time to panic every few months. Largely independent of the facts.

4# The USA is an obvious target. lots of people ignore any other. Perhaps because 'other places don't count' and partly because projecting ourselves as the main enemy of evil makes us feel good about ourselves.

I will point out that historically nations and groups quite often find they have something in common with their enemies. And offer viciousness and contempt for people and groups they feel are traitors or splitters.

Everyone understands that Christians kill Muslims. Muslims kill Christians. But historically more Christians have been killed by Christians, and Muslims by Muslims, than across the religious divide. Internecine battles are often vicious bloodbaths of extermination without quarter given or asked for.

The only nation that gets more badmouthing from UBL than the USA is Saudi Arabia. Heretics who have turned away from the true faith get more venom than our heathen souls. We could still be the main target but it is hard to underestimate how much hate there is between people much closer to the likely sources.

5# Yes, there is. The biggest thing is that you can stay away from likely targets. I was considering moving to a major city that would be an attractive target but decided against it.In part because of the risk of attack and the problems with being in a highly concentrated population center during and after a natural or man made disaster.

Sounds like a GOP think tank and/or attack nonprofit is looking into the possibility of ginning up the paranoia vote to try to help get McSame into office. They don't want to hear from the survivalists because they know that they already have the majority of those nuts.

Could be Dems looking into how open their flank is to such an attack.

Either way this sort of thing usually has everything to do with attack politics.

#131920 - 05/03/08 01:11 AM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I thank y'all for your replies!!

This survey is being conducted by Bruce Beach of the ARK II located in Ontario Province, Canada. It has a website and can be viewed if you're curious.

This survey started last Saturday in 28 states. Each volunteer agreed to survey 10 people. I have surveyed 2 since I have been tied up with convalescent issues at home. I hope to get the remaining 8 opinions tomorrow and get them in.

I will post the final results when I get them.

Again Thanks for sharing y'all's opinions and for taking the time to share your opinion with me and everybody else.

Bo

#132068 - 05/05/08 07:05 PM Re: An unauthorized survey [Re: wildman800]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
You know, there's a poll tool in this forum system.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 258 Guests and 63 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.