Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#129882 - 04/11/08 02:06 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: thseng]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

el_ daiblo and every and all, Vorbit Romanesti? Sprechen sie Deutsch? Parlez-Vous Francais? ETS enjoys a WORLDWIDE readership. Our medium of exchange is english, of which there are countless patois dialects, some within the US of A itself.We would much prefer exchanging ideas instead of grammar lessons- not that we all wouldn't benefit. Once again, do some research on THE LAND OF FALLING LAKES in the former Yugoslavia. The country matches our Yosemite ( mispronounced by 99.9% of americans) and Yellowstone combined.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (04/11/08 02:08 AM)

#129884 - 04/11/08 02:25 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

istriano, Your friend needs to bring his website into better focus, like someone putting a pair of reading glasses on. Who does he hope to reach as an audience; fellow croations, nieghboring Baltic Countries or readers worldwide? It would be more successful, if he devoted it to your local region first. I know eastern Europe can be a difficult place to buy some of the very basics, like a good knife. We debate exotic metals here, while a seller there with a box full of 3EU Moras would be sold out very quickly. Where, and what can croations get for a decent field knife? What are your knife laws? Make the website as valuable as that knife. Discussions about the Mayan calender are fun ( and as an archaeologist who knows modern Mayans I can tell you that's about all it is) but for a croation father hoping to take his family for a vacation in the country a decent knife and knowing how to make a fire safely is a better subject.'Survival Sites' online have a ironic commonality- many do not survive! Building a website repeating their failures will lead to failure.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (04/11/08 02:27 AM)

#129987 - 04/12/08 01:25 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
KyBooneFan Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Kentucky
Some of you fellows owe "istriano" an apology. It is apparent his intentions in posting are sincere and some of you want to take him to task for his "poor English and spelling". Criticism such as this is ONE of two reasons I quit posting on this forum.
The other reason is far West of here and beyond my control.

#130089 - 04/14/08 09:12 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: el_diabl0]
istriano Offline
Stranger

..."Volunty (willing), and Nolunty (not willing), and willing of the eternal principle was expressed by light" ...
Shakespeare talk about "Volunty" too...

my English was so bad that I risked to unaccomplished my schooling...what is your excuse? wink

el_diabl0 ?...you ever hear about Shakespeare?!

Thanks for a constructive critics KyBooneFan & Chris Kavanaugh, but I'm depressed seeing all those people give the importance to superficial... easy swim and don't see a real, deep "why".
Living without own character in this "mast have" outside imposted materialistic world.

REMEMBER FOLKS, a REAL SURVIVOR (99%) IS ONLY WHOM CAN MANAGE A WILL FOR SURVIVE IN REAL SITUATION, ALL THE REST ARE ONLY THOSE "FASHIONABLE RAMBO CHILDES"
RESERVED FOR A MASSES OF SCARED PEOPLES, NEEDED FOR MATERIALISTIC HELPS DUE TO A CONSCIOUS OF "NOT HAVENING" THAT WILL!!!

...you can read about it in all manuals around the globe.

Edited by istriano (04/14/08 10:56 AM)

#130124 - 04/14/08 04:34 PM Re: extreme survive [Re: istriano]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
istriano,

As with all human endeavors, they are subject to the frailty and weaknesses of the humans involved. This forum is by no means perfect. We have problems just like any other community. We do, however, try to keep things civil and cordial.

If my post that followed BigDaddyTX's offended you I sincerely apologize. The first paragraph was aimed at our (the USA) texting-crazed culture.

The second paragraph was intended for you and all our other Forum family from around the globe.

Please do not lose heart over a few crass comments. We really are on your side.

As a suggestion to deflect possible future criticism post your location on your profile, unless there are some personal reasons for not doing so. It does provide everyone the grand scope of where the members of this forum are from and the unique perspectives you provide.

Again, if I offended you at any time I sincerely apologize.

Please continue to commune with us.

#130179 - 04/15/08 03:42 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: istriano]
Hike4Fun Offline
Journeyman

As one of your features, why not have a "surviving WWII" forum.
Encourage your readers to seek out the older generation and
interview them on short tips (advice) or longer stories of their
actual survival. In your region, you have this huge resource of
ex-military and civilians with thousands of stories.
I presume
that enough time has gone by that it matters little, on which side
the people were on; though you could exercise editorial discretion
(=censorship) on certain stories or parts thereof.

Many of the techniques and principles could carry over to woods,
wilderness, or urban survival.

#130185 - 04/15/08 10:35 AM Re: extreme survive [Re: Hike4Fun]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I like this idea a lot.

You're right, IMO, which side the survivor was on doesn't matter, except for the extra problems that were incurred while escaping and evading their enemy, while surviving.

#130305 - 04/16/08 04:23 PM Re: extreme survive [Re: Hike4Fun]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
I agree. As we are losing many of those from that generation at a rapid pace, it would be nice to hear their stories.

DR...Is this something that can be done?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 262 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.