Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#129062 - 04/02/08 03:10 PM Re: Interesting container [Re: ironraven]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
ironraven,

I looked at tons of Case Logic and makers of camera, music, computer equipment carriers myself. I could never decide which way to go. Some of them seemed to have excessively thick covers, eating up valuable interior space. Also, some were a tad to rigid for me. So, I ended up buying a Freestyle music player carrier from Academy Sports. It was on sale, $6 or $7. It is made out of some sort of neoprene and is horizontally-oriented. It is intended to be worn on the belt.

Feel free to respond with as many single-sentence posts as you deem necessary. (that's just for you benjammin')

#129347 - 04/05/08 03:02 AM Re: Interesting container [Re: ironraven]
DrmstrSpoodle Offline

For a while I was looking for a semi-rigid container that could snugly hold my Ritter PSK and a few extras, and also not draw a lot of attention in appearance or make rattling noises when moving around in my coat pocket. I got one of these just the other day - thanks for the suggestion Raven! The only thing I didn't find acceptable was that it didn't come in green, my fave color (so I settled with blue)!

In mine I've got, of course, my Ritter PSK, a good Swiss Army Knife, a spare Pelican L1 I didn't need to carry around, some note cards for jotting down things (along with a PocketMod notepad), some ranger bands I found at my workplace, a space blanket, and a good strong plastic bag for water collection if need be. I've also got some cord wrapped around it.

I did have a humorous encounter with the nice clerk that helped me though, he quizically asked me, "you want the portable hard drive CASE but you don't need a HARD DRIVE?". It reminded me a lot of the part in "No Country For Old Men" where Llewellyn Moss buys the whole tent from the bewildered sporting goods clerk just to get to the tent poles... grin

#129424 - 04/06/08 12:36 PM Re: Interesting container [Re: DrmstrSpoodle]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I picked on up yesterday, and I'm glad I did.

I've been using my PackRat, inside out, in my Jumbo since I got the latter. Most of the tools that I carry fit into the case, most than half of what was in the PackRat. With the reogranization, the Jumbo feels smaller and lighter, and it is a heck of a lot easier to get to things inside. The PackRat worked, just not as well as I had hoped.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 294 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.