Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
A fair portion of people in the survival gear industry are deeply committed to making and servicing some very fine products. I can personally name Winslow liferafts and Sparklites as two companies I would buy from exclusively without question. I also know both have experienced problems in product. it happens. Instead of calling something garbage and bashing it online, I suggest contacting the distributor, which was done ( and you got a refund, right?) and the maker explaining your concerns.Seeing the consumer gets a quality product is a proactive effort of maker AND user. You don't sit on your keister waiting for rescue do you?

I couldn't agree more Chris. Customer service should be paramount with any company selling products. I have in the past purchased items from a company that arrived slightly damaged. I simply contacted the company and was either issued a refund or had another item shipped.

Screaming at top of your lungs GARBAGE is a bit extreme. At least make an attempt to contact the company to resolve your issue with the product.

I've dealt with the makers of the Survival Tube a few time and have found them to be a reputable company that stands behind their products. If you have an issue with their products, they will do everything possible to correct the problem and make you happy. At least give them a chance !!!

TG