Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#119917 - 01/13/08 07:59 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

I am from Canada and Tarus is correct, we Canucks have it good compared to many other countries.

I have visited and or lived in different areas of Canada from coast to coast, from the northern tundra and permafrost to the 49th parallel and would not live anywhere else but here in British Columbia.

Depending on where you live here, sure it gets cold and the gas is expensive but this is the price of freedom and for the millions of unspoiled acres of land that have never seen the footprint nor felt the presence of humans.

#119925 - 01/13/08 08:48 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: ]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
I am Canadian also and very proud of it, I feel truly blessed to have grown-up and live in the country I do.

I have traveled extensively in my home province of Ontario but have never been west of Winnipeg, I really need to make the trip to BC before my kids leave home.

If I can help anyone who is traveling to Ontario with information please feel free to ask.

Mike

#119927 - 01/13/08 09:05 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: SwampDonkey]
sodak Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
I am Canadian also and very proud of it, I feel truly blessed to have grown-up and live in the country I do.

I have traveled extensively in my home province of Ontario but have never been west of Winnipeg, I really need to make the trip to BC before my kids leave home.

If I can help anyone who is traveling to Ontario with information please feel free to ask.

Mike

Good for you! It's nice to see people proud of their country. We have driven into Ontario and spent a week touring around, and really liked it. One of my dreams is that when I retire, we can spend a couple of months driving around Canada, and would love to ride the trains also.

The country is beautiful, and the people are very friendly. I'm glad to have them as neighbors!

#119937 - 01/13/08 10:03 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: sodak]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

Alberta has no rats.

#119939 - 01/13/08 10:07 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: ]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Parts (soon probably all) of Yosemite National Park are being eaten alive by bark beetles...

#119966 - 01/14/08 01:28 AM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: samhain]
BruceZed Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
It just as varied as the US. Most of our real wonders are hidden in the North and West of the country. It is a country that you want to step off the trail and wander seep into the wilderness. It is also very vast.
boreal.net

#120023 - 01/14/08 12:56 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: BruceZed]
Mike_in_NKY Offline

Loc: KY
I have to agree 100% with Taurus. I think everyone should be made to live somewhere else for at least two years in another part of the world, to give them the opportunity to see how good they have it (at least those that live in the Western Hemisphere). There are lots of great things about every country and until you live the life in another country it is difficult to appreciate what you have and take for granted.

Living away from Canada really makes me appreciate what is there and I really miss it. Although, they are starting to get Tim Horton's down here. Just add Canadian Tire and Swiss Chalet and I'll never have to go home again!!!

#120074 - 01/14/08 06:37 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: samhain]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: samhain
I just need to learn to speak Canadian first grin

grin grin grin

#120096 - 01/14/08 08:36 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: SwampDonkey]
BrianTexas Offline
Ordinary Average Guy
Enthusiast

Loc: North Central Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey

Mike

Lovely country, great people. Always enjoyed any trips to Canada (mostly in Lower Ontario). My wife and I honeymooned in Toronto 20 years ago and still have many, many fond memories.

#120118 - 01/14/08 09:48 PM Re: Let's talk about Canada ! [Re: BigCityHillbilly]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Back a long, long time ago my buddie and I met 3 canadian girls at the beach, twins and their friend, we ended up spending the day and most of the night with them (at a nightclub, I wouldn't want anybody to get the wrong idea here.) blush They were really friendly, I've loved canadians ever since.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.