Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#113695 - 11/26/07 08:51 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
Picard,
How on Earth could she tell they were illegally in the US?
Many Latinos/Mexicans (millions) are in the US legally and from my experience they look EXACTLY like their illegal counterparts. In some circles that would even be considered a racist assumption on her part.
No offense but from what you have told us she has some issues including not trusting the police.
Van loads of illegal immigrants are not driving around trying to pick up chicks; they come here for work. Sure there is a bad element in every group of society but to assume just because they are Latino they are illegal is a pretty bad assumption.
Your friend will continue to have this happen as she chooses to walk home alone at night. She should find a safer way to get to and from work or work an earlier shift.
Bill

Edited by billym (11/28/07 02:09 AM)

#113731 - 11/27/07 01:10 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...illegal poke..."

Poke???

#113800 - 11/27/07 02:33 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
She carries a survival knife from this time on.

She's gonna get that knife taken-away & used on her, if she doesn't know what she's doing.

#113851 - 11/27/07 11:25 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Themalemutekid]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
She doesn't know what she's doing or she does. Again, no offense to this girl, but I inferred earlier and others put it more bluntly, she's either deliberately putting herself in these positions or she has little to zero situational awareness.

I still want to know: What happened to the military folder? ...and, What is that? After all, she fended the "human trafficking kidnappers" off with it, didn;t she?

#113882 - 11/28/07 03:29 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Stretch]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

well, the other attempted kidnapping happened at noon on normal street in busy business district.

Well, her knife saved her life anyway. she want a real weapon other than a gun. Her boyfriend is away on military duty in Iraq thus he couldn't give her a ride to school.

If she were my young sister, I would never let her walk alone on any street. In addition, I would kill the bastards who lays a hand on her if I were there in person. It doesn't matter the race/color/creed of the attackers.

#113963 - 11/28/07 09:07 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
ChristinaRodriguez Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Rhode Island
Funny story: My father, who is a veteran of the Air Force, was once mistaken for an "illegal" just because he was out mowing the lawn while being Mexican.

After spending 20+ years in the service, my dad still retained many of the mannerisms of a military man: the high-and-tight haircut, the shined and polished shoes, the carefully starched and pressed work shirts, and his pride and joy: an immaculately groomed yard where the grass was cut in precise diagonal lines. I still remember when we lived at the Air Force Academy and we won the coveted "Yard of the Month" sign to display on our lawn.

One day after his retirement, my dad was working on our new "civilian" lawn when he caught the attention of some neighbor out for an afternoon stroll.

He came up to my dad and in all seriousness said, "Hey there! You're sure doing a fine job on this lawn! When you're done, how 'bout you come over to my house; I think I'll have you do some work on my yard next!"

My dad wasn't sure what to say exactly, so he replied, "Umm.... I live here. This is my house and my lawn."

The guy was so embarrassed, he turned really red, mumbled "Sorry" and walked off really fast. We never saw him again.

At the time, my family laughed so hard when he told us this story, because it is pretty hilarious. My dad signed himself up for school at the age of 6 without knowing any English, gained citizenship to join the military at 18, gave over 20 years of his life in service of this country... and stupid stuff like this still happens to him.

Originally Posted By: picard120
"open up I am being followed by hispanics."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that snippet.

Now, I've had the (mis)fortune of being rudely accosted by nearly every race, creed, religion, etc. on the planet. It comes with the territory of being a small, young-looking female. Tell your friend that a knife isn't going to help stem the tide of unwanted attention when she's still working a late shift, walking home alone late at night, and having zero situational awareness during the day.

#113968 - 11/28/07 09:53 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: ChristinaRodriguez]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that snippet.

I vote cry, then get angry.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#113984 - 11/29/07 12:39 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Blast]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
I say don;t sweat it.

#114005 - 11/29/07 02:36 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Susan]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There was some old lady on Miami Ink that had her initials tatoed on her so her body could be identified in case she was killed in a hurricane.

I thought of printing and laminating a small ID card with their picture, name, address, our names and phone numbers, emergency contacts like their doctor and insurance policy numbers. Then make sure its always with them in some way.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 266 Guests and 60 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.