Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#113547 - 11/25/07 11:00 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Stretch]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
shocked what ???

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#113548 - 11/25/07 11:12 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Shadow_oo00]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
This is the beauty of internet forums....Scroll up to second posting. If he answered the few questions I posed at the beginning of this thread, you would get your wish: a few points might be clarified by Picard. This would most probably lead to more questions.

Edited by Stretch (11/25/07 11:13 PM)

#113550 - 11/25/07 11:16 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: climberslacker]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Having a large Navy base, complete with SEALS, probably doesn't hurt either...

#113552 - 11/25/07 11:27 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Shadow_oo00]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

[censored] about it. she gave the cops full detailed description of attackers but they didn't pursue the case.

#113553 - 11/25/07 11:29 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Shadow_oo00]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

I have to ask her for the correct spelling of the city. I will get back to you on it.

#113554 - 11/25/07 11:29 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Well, that's assuming that the girl was in Coronado, CA. Coronado's western beach (well, only beach) is called North Beach, a popular surfer hangout. I used to body surf there on my days off. The Naval Air Station is called North Island (I think), and SEALS do train there. The whole island is replete with million dollar homes (some not more than 2200 square feet) and its crime rate is low. It could've been anybody from surfers to kids to servicemen....to dreams even....assuming, again, that Picard is talking about Coronado.

DELETED 2 PARAGRAPHS

Edited by Stretch (11/25/07 11:35 PM)

#113560 - 11/25/07 11:44 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Stretch]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Yup, North Island is the NAS that is a part of the Naval Base, but but they also park carriers and other ships there. The SEALS, when going thru training, are ALL OVER the island, they can pop up anywhere anytime. Even when really pooped out, I suspect that they could make life rough for a would-be kidnapper. I'll that the original poster was talking about one of the Coronados in Mexico, where anything can happen...

#113563 - 11/25/07 11:48 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Colorado? Now I am really confused. As for "coyotes," most of them will run at the drop of a hat. They are paid to deliver illegal alliens into the USA, and if they even suspect that the law is around, off they go, leaving their "cargo" to fend for themselves. Not that it couldn't happen, but I have never heard of them being involved in white slavery...

#113571 - 11/26/07 12:13 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: OldBaldGuy]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

ok. I received PM from the girl. This is her quote message:

"The name of it is Coronado. It was in a rich neighborhood where close to a military base. and yes close to a beach I think at least a half mile from it. The illegals were in a blue van with very dark windows in the back. They had walkie talkie's and were pointing at me while in the van. Then when they saw that no one was around they made their move and got out of the van to come to me. They were speaking only spanish. And I prayed for God to save me, and then out of nowhere this man(white) with is little dog showed up. I stayed with him. and I took out my cell phone to call the police. They saw the cell phone and took off. And then 5-10 minutes later they came back. But I was with the white guy still. Thanks to him He blew their cover. I was one lucky girl that day.

The last attacks were not in the same city. The other other one happened in Chula Vista. The hispanic was making passes at me and asked me if I wanted a ride. I told him no but he followed me into a parking lot. I ran into a post office and asked for the people to get security. They called up security. And he was gone.

And the one that happened in 2004 was my fault. I decided to walk all by myself 4am in the morning home from work. The car was full of hispanics but they were my age. So i went to a house that was not mine but I pretended it was mine and started to bang on the door telling my mom to open up I am being followed by hispanics. They took off soo fast and then as soo as they were gone I took off myself running all the way home.

So the current one in 2007 It happened in Lansing Michigan Logan Square. I was just buying lunch. And then this red truck with a black man pulls in the parking spot and looks at me like he was going to do something. I looked right at him to show that i was aware of his presence so he wouldn't be able to try anything. But after I was walking away I turned to look back at him and there he was driving close to me and so I took off running screaming like a lunatic and everyone in the parking lot were lookin at me like HUH? And then his cover was blown and so he took off.

And the next day I bought a knife"

#113580 - 11/26/07 12:40 AM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

What happened to fighting them off with a military folder (what IS that, anyway)?

At least we got some answers and so did you, Picard.

Picard, your friend (no offense to either of you intended) is a S*#t magnet. She sure finds herself alone alot. THese won;t be the last four events in her life.

Edited by Stretch (11/26/07 12:41 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (brandtb), 247 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
Yesterday at 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.