Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#113467 - 11/25/07 04:22 AM A friend of mine almost got kinapped
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

A friend of mine in US nearly got kidnapped by Mexican human traffickers. she used her military folder to fend off 2 attackers while she scream for help. A man came to her aid thus the thugs ran off. She had 4 attempts on her life.

It happened in city of Corondo. I don't know if it is near Mexico border.

how dangerous is it near the US-Mexico border anyway?

#113485 - 11/25/07 01:02 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
I have some questions, Picard.

- Where is Corondo? I've never heard of it and I've lived and worked along this border most of my life.

- What was she doing down here?

- What was she doing at the time of the attack?

- How does she know they were "human traffickers"?

- Why did they want her?

Thanks

#113491 - 11/25/07 02:49 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Stretch]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
If that's Coronado, CA, it's one of the safest little cities north of Tijuana I'm aware of -- please confirm. Very good police force and a heavy military/professional population. Screaming for help in Coronado will usually get you help.

That said, I have some of the same questions.

Originally Posted By: Stretch
. . .

- What was she doing at the time of the attack?

- How does she know they were "human traffickers"?

- Why did they want her?

Thanks

#113493 - 11/25/07 03:06 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
According to Microsoft Streets & Trips, there are at least two Coronados in Mexico, neither of which are near the border...

#113518 - 11/25/07 06:34 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: OldBaldGuy]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

Yeah coronado is one of the safest places, it is although about 15-20 minutes from the san diego-mexican border. So yeah. It is really safe seeing how it has 2 ways in and 2 ways out. One is by a large brindge and the other across a narrow strip of land. Both could easily be shut down.

-jace

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

#113520 - 11/25/07 06:45 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: picard120]
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
Originally Posted By: picard120
A friend of mine in US nearly got kidnapped by Mexican human traffickers.

She had 4 attempts on her life.

It happened in city of Corondo. I don't know if it is near Mexico border.

how dangerous is it near the US-Mexico border anyway?

Mexican traffickers?
Picard; how would she know this? Were they wearing uniforms? Most Mexican traffickers are trafficking into the US not out.

4 attempts on here life?
Sounds like it is her that is bringing this on. I live in the #4 city for the highest murder rate and I have NEVER had an attempt on my life (I am 42). That includes living and working in the NYC metro area including Brooklyn and East New York. She must be doing something wrong.

Colorado is hundreds of miles from the border; try Google maps or something.

The US-Mexican border is very long; one cannot generalize for the whole length. But these days the border is probably more dangerous for Mexicans.

She was probably going to be raped or robbed instead of kidnapped. I have heard nothing about "Mexican Human Traffikers" in the US being reported in any news outlet.

I think you are a little paranoid of the US or something based on some of your posts. Here is a recent one but there have been others.

http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=113115#Post113115

Bill

#113524 - 11/25/07 07:38 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: billym]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Everything else aside, why would you blame the girl, based on what he said there is no logic behind that reasoning. Everyone knows that even though a story starts out with the actual facts by the time it gets back around to the original source its usually blown out of proportion, sometimes no but more often yes. Maybe the person he heard it from got some facts wrong in his attempt to relay the story. Or maybe someone assumed when they shouldn't have. Either way the girl was attacked, unlike a lot of men I don't think women go around asking for it or looking for trouble. She could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. He also said he wasn't sure where Corondo was, everyone isn't into geography. And just because in your 42 years you have never had an attempt on your life doesn't mean that it's not a common occurrence, Statistics beg to differ. Myself I've never been in the wrong place at the wrong time but I know people that have been, through no fault of their own. Just my opinion and reply to your comment, not meant to offend you.

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (11/25/07 07:40 PM)

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#113526 - 11/25/07 08:06 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Shadow_oo00]
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
Shadow,
The point that he stated that this was the 4th time indicates a pattern of wrong place wrong time on her part.
Maybe I forgot to say that I am glad she is OK and whatnot but my first impression is that if this is incident #4 then she must be doing something wrong.
I have driven a beer truck all over NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and managed to avoid incidents.
I was a sales manager of a prepaid phone card company selling in East San Jose, Ca. I carried over $5k in phone cards everyday. I watched where I parked and who was around when I pulled out cards to avoid attention. I acknowledged with visual contact would be thieves. Never had an incident. I now live in Oakland, Ca now going on 5 years and still no incident (even with a shooting at my local liquor store). Once I almost got mugged I think; I was walking at night and passed a fellow who acted very odd. He was very interested in me. He turned around and started to follow but I made a few turns and lost him in a bushy area of a park; he was looking for me though.
Anyway I have lived in big cities most of my adult life and actively avoid trouble. I also realize I have been lucky but I think I have made my own luck when it comes to street safety.
Picard's friend should think about what contributed to the incident as well as #1,2 and 3.
Bill

#113532 - 11/25/07 08:50 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: billym]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Maybe Picard needs to clarify a few points.

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#113541 - 11/25/07 10:03 PM Re: A friend of mine almost got kinapped [Re: Shadow_oo00]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Maybe he could start by answering those few questions...(?)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 258 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by clearwater
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.