Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#112126 - 11/10/07 12:47 PM First aid referenece cards?
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
Good morning all,

I'm looking for a first aid reference to put in my FAK. Something along the lines that its laminated and with illistrations. The key is so that if i'm injured, that someone with no first aid knowledge can take my FAK (if something happens to me) and use it (probably not everything - AMK .9 modified, but enough to help someone).

Not looking for a book, more of a set of reference cards.

I'm looking online, but not seeing what I would consider 'good' references or what i'm after. And since there are some medics on this board, you guys might have some good ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Kris

#112130 - 11/10/07 02:02 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: Kris]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Kris
I'm looking for a first aid reference to put in my FAK. Something along the lines that its laminated and with illistrations. The key is so that if i'm injured, that someone with no first aid knowledge can take my FAK (if something happens to me) and use it (probably not everything - AMK .9 modified, but enough to help someone).

Not looking for a book, more of a set of reference cards.

You could take the first aid related cards out of this deck of cards: (Aptly named: "Don't Die Out There" grin)
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39302661
There are cards for more than just first aid, so you might find some of the other things of interest too, like survival techniques.

- Ron

#112132 - 11/10/07 02:14 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: Kris]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
I've got a set of exactly what you're looking for. They're credit card sized plastic. I found them 15 years ago at Waldenbooks (chain store, might be regional). They've since been removed from the kits I can reach right now due to space limits. IIRC they are all text with few if any pictures. I'll see if I can find them while I'm home over Thanksgiving.

#112137 - 11/10/07 03:18 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: Kris]
FIELDDOC Offline
Stranger

Moore Medical has a first aid reference card called the Fast Aid Guide. It covers 27 different life threatening conditions. It is laminated and folds up nice and compact. It retails for under $5.00.

I build first aid kits for friends and family members. I make sure one of these cards is included, along with a small but comprehensive first aid book. That book is First Aid by R.M. Anderson.

When I build one of these kits I pack three sources of first aid information in them. One is the small manual, the second one is the Fast Aid Guide, and the third is an Adventure Medical Kits space blanket which has both first aid and wilderness survival information printed on it.

Hopefully no one will be screwed up enough to lose ALL THREE information sources.

Sorry I carried on longer than I expected to

Fielddoc

#112145 - 11/10/07 05:02 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: FIELDDOC]
bmisf Offline

Wilderness Medical Associates makes some great outdoor-oriented ones (for Wilderness EMTs and first responders):

http://wildmed.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...egory_Code=PUBS

I have that one and a small "WFR cheat sheet" downloaded from NOLS here:

http://www.nols.edu/wmi/pdf/wfr_cheat_sheet.pdf

WMA also makes a great, extensive spiral-bound first aid field manual.

#112153 - 11/10/07 08:06 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: UTAlumnus]
Kris Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: UTAlumnus
I've got a set of exactly what you're looking for. They're credit card sized plastic. I found them 15 years ago at Waldenbooks (chain store, might be regional). They've since been removed from the kits I can reach right now due to space limits. IIRC they are all text with few if any pictures. I'll see if I can find them while I'm home over Thanksgiving.

I can't seem to find anything related to 'first aid books' and 'waldenbooks'. It just keeps taking me to amazon.

I'll look there for something like this (wish I thought of that sooner).

Thanks,
kris

#112154 - 11/10/07 08:07 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: FIELDDOC]
Kris Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: FIELDDOC
Moore Medical has a first aid reference card called the Fast Aid Guide. It covers 27 different life threatening conditions. It is laminated and folds up nice and compact. It retails for under $5.00.

I'd like to see this. I looked on Moore's site, can can't find anything like that.

Thanks,
kris

#112155 - 11/10/07 08:11 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: bmisf]
Kris Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: bmisf

I have that one and a small "WFR cheat sheet" downloaded from NOLS here:

http://www.nols.edu/wmi/pdf/wfr_cheat_sheet.pdf

That cheat sheet is a good idea, but some noob to first aid wouldn't have a clue and spend more time trying to figure it out then aid value to an emergency.

Having said that, I might have a copy or two for myself.... I like it!

kris

#112172 - 11/10/07 11:43 PM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: Kris]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Several of the brick and mortar stores use them for their web storefronts. These were individual cards by topic up by the cash register with the tip calculator cards.

#112184 - 11/11/07 12:38 AM Re: First aid referenece cards? [Re: Kris]
bmisf Offline

Originally Posted By: Kris
That cheat sheet is a good idea, but some noob to first aid wouldn't have a clue and spend more time trying to figure it out then aid value to an emergency.

Having said that, I might have a copy or two for myself.... I like it!

Yeah - not really what you were looking for, but a nice, credit-card-sized reference for those with training.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 301 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.