Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#105720 - 09/15/07 03:07 AM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: thseng]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Don't waste your time with the CDT junk.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#106564 - 09/21/07 06:34 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: ironraven]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
If your still looking for a molle vest I ran across this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-GI-MILITARY-MOLLE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like they have 99 of them so there is no pressure......lol

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (09/21/07 06:34 PM)

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#106586 - 09/21/07 08:52 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: thseng]
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
Originally Posted By: thseng

The Survival vest looks like is is made of a LOT thinner material, and the S&R vest has MOLE attachments on the shoulder straps. The survival vest can be had with a gun but rest and a hidden holster.

#113688 - 11/26/07 07:38 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: Loganenator]
True_North Offline
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
If anyone with ETS would like to demo the True North Aero-Vest for 60 days and get it dirty, kindly call Customer Service 800-873-5725 x174 and mention the ETS Forum. We'll ship it to you and then you're responsible for shipping it back or purchasing it if it changes your world for the better.

#113689 - 11/26/07 07:41 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: philip]
True_North Offline
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: philip
I use a photographer's vest and cargo pants for my stuff. As others have pointed out, the vest isn't as hard on my back as the backpack I used to wear, and backpacks are notoriously hard to get stuff out of quickly.

See
http://lifehacker.com/software/screenshot-tour/show-us-your-go-bag-part-2-292427.php
for photos of a variety of go-bags, go-pants, and go-vests (this is part 2; it has a link to part 1).

Ammo does fit in photo vests, by the way:
http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/show-us-your-go-bag-part-1/2388489

A photo vest is a real article of clothing, so I get more use out of it than the thing that's called a "vest" in the phrase MOLLE vest. I wear it in airports with my walkie-talkie, water, TSA-passable survival stuff, paperback books, magazines, etc., without attracting unwanted attention by looking like a paramilitary wannabe.

The problems with a photo vest are - it's not padded, so stuff pokes you and you have to be careful setting it down or sitting down if you have breakable stuff in it; if it's hot, it makes you sweat less than a backpack, but you still sweat; it can be hard to get into if you have a bulky wrist watch that catches on the armholes; although the I much prefer the weight distribution in the vest over that of a backpack, it's still heavy; it can be a pain to sit in when you have to sit without taking it off - depends on how you pack it.

One nice thing is that it's the equivalent of another carryon bag when you fly. I have a rollabord and a small toiletries bag that gets me waved onboard without comment, but they don't pay attention to what's in the vest, and it's another bag's worth of stuff that I don't want to check.

Everybody's mileage varies, so what you need won't match my needs. But my photo vest does yeoman's service for me as a go bag, travel bag, and - gasp - photo bag. :-> I have two vests, and I recommend trying them on and loading them up before buying if you go the photo vest route. Some vests have collars that are too far forward or too high or something, and they press on my neck really hard, making them unuseable to carry a load.

Try this vest out Adventure Vest it is designed by a Photographer in Seattle, WA.

#113702 - 11/26/07 10:05 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: CBTENGR]
Meline Offline

Go through AAFES to Brigade Quartermasters (actiongear.com for every one else) for a military discount.

Look in Home > Tactical - Vests, Holsters, Rappelling, Ropes > Tactical Load Bearing Assault Vests & Gear Pouches.

For a BOB aplication, Camelbak's DELTA-5 would be a good option as it already carries 102 oz of water for you.

#113706 - 11/26/07 11:20 PM Re: MOLLE Vest [Re: True_North]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
Love to demo it, but I'm flying a desk for the next four--five months. Any running around I get to do will have to be next spring....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 530 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.