Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#99530 - 07/10/07 04:15 PM Re: Does anyone else use a lanyard approach for a PSK? [Re: ironraven]
GarlyDog Offline
τΏτ
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
My lanyard attachments lay flat against me. It is almost unnoticable with a moderately loose fitting shirt.

I meet lots of people every day.
Nobody has questioned me about it so far, including a group of friends that see me every Saturday.

I think the lanyard is a more reliable carry for me. I hardly every take it off, other than to wash it now and then.

I found another thread on the forum that recommended a safety release made out of shrink wrap. I think it was yet another good idea from Blast.

That seems like a smart addition if you wear a lanyard regularly.

I tried keeping a tin with me, but found the lanyard stays with me much better. I feel underdressed now when I don't have it on.

I have a more robust PSK in a mess tin that stays in my tool bag, and a bulging BOB in the truck too.

I will see what I can do about pictures...

Gary

#99533 - 07/10/07 04:23 PM Re: Does anyone else use a lanyard approach for a PSK? [Re: ironraven]
GarlyDog Offline
τΏτ
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
I wrap a little electrical tape around the keys to keep the sharp edges from getting me.

#100006 - 07/17/07 02:55 AM Use a braided sling as a lanyard [Re: GarlyDog]
kevingg Offline
Addict

Loc: NH
My lanyard is my key chain and therefore goes with me at all times. The lanyard is a braided sling tied together with a fisherman's knot (easily untied and allows flexibility in wearing length). This sling http://slinging.org/20.html is created with roughly 100' of mason's line. The obvious multi-functions = cordage, lanyard to hold other stuff around neck, and a primitive yet extremely powerful and effective(and FUN too!) hunting weapon. On the sling-turned-lanyard is a photon, my keys, a foxfire whistle, a 1.5" gerber folder, and for fire I break a 1" piece of misch metal off a coughlans magnesium (toss the magnesium), a 1" piece of hacksaw, and electrician's tape these to a wetfire tinder and a paperclip rigged to make a loop for attaching to a carabiner on the lanyard. All items are on the mini carabiner for easy removal so I can sling rocks for fun at the beach, or tennis balls for my dog's to fetch.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, brandtb), 295 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.