Flying out to Vegas for a business trip, and since I haven't flown since pre 9/11 I seek sage advice from the knowledge bank we can ETS.
I'll be there for 6 days, and possible small hikes MAY be involved, and I really don't like the idea of having nothing with me, or relying on having to get stuff while already there. I have two small maxpedition pocket organizers.
One has your bic lighter, firestarters, small FAK and assorted other items..think more EDC tools.
The other has everyday fix it stuff..zip ties, duct tape, small screwdriver with bits..things to help repair or render useful again something that will inevitably break.

After thoroughly going thru the thread from last year..Martin's "travel tips for the paranoid traveler", I paid particular attention to his remark that assume your checked baggage is lost until proven otherwise. Lots of good stuff there. I will be taking just 1 bag for me, 1 bag for wifey, and 1 bag for my son.
But, would my Leatherman squirt make it through TSA as part of my carry-on. Also wanna have clif bars, some minor snacks for my son, my tablet, his phone, my wife's tablet...ya know, just the essentials.
All my other important stuff will be in my main bigger bag. Could I pack my LM wave and maxpedition org's in the same bag, and hopefully it get's to Vegas OK?

Hate the feeling of having nothing till we get there, but I guess that's the price to pay for safely arriving. Leaving in two weeks, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Martin's thread shed a lot of light, and I know I'm probably overthinking it. But it all comes back to "how prepared are you?".