I’m thinking about quick evacuation of the house, for example, in case of fire. I intend to put all most important paper documents into one bag that I could simply grab it as I leave. Also, keeping all docs together is a convenient way to find them.
However, it is more difficult to organise myself with IT: yes, I can grab my work bag with work laptop, but I also want to create a home storage (at least 2 TB) accessible from internet. How can I create it that it be safe (backs up files in case one of HD packs up and be shockproof), portable, convenient and inexpensive?
I thought having external HD that I could immediately place into a bag and back it up from time to time from the main storage, but I think it is too much hassle and I will stop backing files up regularly. Taking the storage with myself – I don’t think it will be easy detaching all cables in emergency and the box itself might be quite bulky. Backing up into the cloud is too expensive, so I keep only important documents in the cloud.
What is the optimal option in your opinion?
Thanks