We had a small local power outage this morning. I got up and My Other Half (MOH) was already lighting candles. I cranked up the Dietz lantern I purchased after the last power outage and let there be light. The outage wasn't long, (long enough to warm up the 'fridge a bit), but it was timed to coincide with making coffee, oatmeal et al. Rather than break out the hiking/camping stove I have used in the past, this morning I was able to try out the new GAS ONE Portable Gas Stove.

I set it up in the kitchen and dropped in a Butane canister. It lit on the first attempt and brought the water to a boil faster than the kitchen's electric range (when it has power). I used my all copper Revere Ware kettle rather than the Corning Ware I normally use, so maybe the copper helped the speed. MOH liked it a lot and her one comment that stuck out was that we need to buy more fuel (I only bought a 4 pack of cans); I one up'd her though and ordered a second stove. In bad times we could cook an entire dinner on a pair of these and they aren't very expensive.

my $02, YMMV