“Super-EMP” weapons, according to Russian and Chinese open source writings, can destroy even the best protected U.S. military and civilian electronic systems.
North Korea’s last round of tests, conducted in May 2009, appear to have included a “super-EMP” weapon, capable of emitting enough gamma rays to disable the electric power grid across most of the lower 48 states.
Most of us have become completely and totally dependent on electricity and technology. Without it, most of us would be in huge trouble.
What would you and your neighbors do if the power went out and it did not ever come back on?
What would you do if an EMP attack happened in the middle of the winter and you suddenly were not able to heat your home any longer?
What would you do if all the electronics in your car got fried and you simply could not drive anywhere?
What would you do if all the supermarkets in your area shut down because food could not be transported across the country anymore?
What would you do if you were suddenly unable to call your family and friends for help?
What would you do if you were suddenly unable to get the medicine that you needed?
What would you do if your debit cards and credit cards simply did not work any longer and you could not get any of your money out of the bank?
What would you do if all of these things happened all at once?
A single EMP attack would be the worst disaster that the United States has ever seen by far.
An electromagnetic pulse could potentially fry the vast majority of all the microchips in the United States. In an instant, nearly all of our electronic devices would be rendered useless.
All of those big bank accounts may never be able to be recovered after an EMP attack. Your money might be instantly fried out of existence.
You would truly be on your own.
We all saw what happened after Hurricane Katrina. The government response was a nightmare. An EMP attack would be millions of times worse and the federal government probably would not even be able to get you and your family any assistance.
Life after an EMP attack, no power, no food, no transportation, no banking, and no internet. This is the worst case I can imagine. As unpleasant as it is, I find it useful to keep me motivated.