We prepare for big ones , but how about a swarm of small ones all in one wrong day !

It has happened to me a few times now. sick

Starts with some call, jump to car , solve the problem, but two problems arise meanwhile and a phone call comes from family about something while colleague is waiting for some report, and you finally discover while driving your son to his evening course that gauges of BOTH gas tanks on the truck are indicating south. I was just too distracted by the events to notice gas being depleted.

An earlier one I had a flat for the x-th time and was mad about the type of wheels on the truck that do not take tubless tires ... I had to leave what I was doing and stop at some shop to change the wheels and install tubless. Thus adding another task/distraction costing some time & cash, while I was late for another dozen TO-DOs , not to mention going back to office !!

The worrying part is that no alarm siren were heard at some point to pack the BOB or extra emergency whatever. It was not a volcanoe eruption or such . It was seen as 'normal day' and things unfolded in an energy/cash/time sucking black hole. And the swarm of precipitatining TO-DO's, fatigue, lack of cash, work their way to put you in a tight spot .... you want to pull your hair.

I have tried to be prepared for such a day, but do not seem to have suceeded. Sometimes it unfloded when I didn't even have my EDC(?) bag. I had my wallet OK, but not the bag where I keep "other" stuff.

That is why I have added some emergency stuff in my normal work bag. Stuff like emergency cash , gum, medication pouch .. etc. But still, it is more worrying to me than any "BIG ONE" that might happen.

Has anything like it happened to you sometimes?
Any gems of wisdom you have gained afterwards ?

Edit to add :

First thing .. CALM DOWN.
It won't get better when you are pulling your hair.

Second. Take notes. Really !
I have written some notes in some of those bad days, and used them to add necessary stuff in my EDC ( like gum !! ) when I thought it helpful. Gum was in my seconday ( flat ) wallet, and yesterday I was 100% glad I had it even when both EDC bag and work bag were not with me!!.

Any more ?

Edited by Chisel (06/23/11 01:50 PM)