I know that a lot of the scenarios we talk about are just 'what ifs', and many scenarios have varied possibilities. But one we really can't avoid is dealing with human waste.

I don't know if I've got this right, but a neighbor was saying that many modern septic (and sewer?) systems have some kind of electrical pump that moves the waste to the septic tank. So, does that mean that if you don't have power, the toilets back up? Does anyone know about this?

But there are other reasons that our toilets wouldn't work: no power = frozen plumbing, not enough drinking water to use for flushing, etc.

What would you do if suddenly you couldn't use your toilets? I mean starting RIGHT NOW. All the stores are closed, and will stay closed for the next two or three weeks. All the hotels/motels are loaded to capacity with stranded travelers. All your local friends are in the same situation. Travel out of the area is impossible.

What's your plan? And tell us also what kind of living quarters you have: apartment, condo, house/lot, living in your motorhome or travel trailer, etc.

And no cheating! laugh All you have to work with is what you have as of this very minute.

Sue