After doing a bunch of reading here I have noticed something. I must be the odd guy out on this whole BOB/GHB concept. I may be the only person on this entire forum who has a "get to work bag"

When everyone else is hightailing it for the safety of home I will be fighting the crowds in the opposite direction to get to work, gear up and deploy to assist in whatever emergency just happened so I plan around that scenario not the other way around. (part of my job after all)

I know there are Many EMT/Firefighter/LPO/Military people on here but no one appears to mention the concept of remaining at the scene of a diaster to do their jobs.

(Or I havn't read that far yet)

Does anyone else plan on getting to work after a major emergency ?

When as a emergency response professional would you say "hell with it, to each their own" and leave to look after your own family?

I am not preaching to anyone, just making an observation. (And I am bored at my desk :D) You just don't ever here of anyone talking about being prepared to remain after things go to hell in a handbasket and help with what's going down.

I cannot post pics of my GTW kit right now because I am in the middle of a move, and I guess there isn't really that much difference from a normal GHB except I have added things I need to go the opposite way so to speak (Special ID cards, special job related items etc)It contains water, first aid, tools, all the same old stuff you see listed over and over again.

It is designed to get me from home to my locker at work where my issued gear awaits should my phone ring and I am being told to get my a** to work on the double.

Anyone else here have a get to work plan? Or am I the fool you will be pointing at trying to make it into a diaster when you are trying to make it out?