Hi everyone,

Been a while since I have been on this forum and can see it is very active.

I am a doctor here in Vancouver Canada. I have been watching CNN who had a seismic doc on who talked about increased risk for other areas on the pacific ring of fire, including the west coast of BC, stating that it is more likely than not that a large earthquake would hit our west coast now given Japans.

My go bag is hopelessly out of date, especially with a 2 year old here now, and I will be updating this for warmth, shelter, and water purification (considering looking to see if RO filters can convert seawater to drinkable water, not sure if this is possible).

For meds, I am thinking appropriate antibiotics for gastrointestinal infections, including parasitic, and respiratory antibiotics as well. For those with a medicine background, thinking ciprofloxacin for me and my wife, sulfa (bactrim) for me and my wife and my son (both for GI, and sulfa can cover parasitic bugs as well, safe for the son). Amoxicillin with clavulanic acid in dosing for both kids and adults.

Thinking SSKI or KI pills for radiation (highly unlikely anything from Japan would reach here).

Hydration salts (non prescription of course).

Antidiarrheals, antiemetics (nausea), pain killers.

That's all I can think of. Anything I might be missing?

Eric