So long term preparedness is something that has to be taught to most but growing up in my family we seem have always 'stocked up' so I've had that mindset since a kid.

Fast forward to now, we are buying a house (as I'm sure you've been following the blog that I need to update tonight) that is 45 minutes away from the nearest wal-mart, 1 hour away from home depot, and those types of places. There are tiny local lumber stores, and hardware stores but nothing like you find in a 'city'. The city also has small grocery store or two (general stores) and a few restaurants.... Nothing like the city that has stores open 24/7.

So, the other thread about keeping bread, eggs, etc on hand got me thinking that people that live 1 hour from where I do now are technically more prepared for long-term related issues than MOST people in the city simply due to where they live.

Again, this is just grouping everyone together as I`m sure many people who live in the new area we are moving to (we hope) don't stock up on much more than the average city person and a lot may still eat out.

Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting observation to share that some people are more prepared simply due to the nature of their lifestyle... and others like myself and family are just prepared because of our upbringing smile

Anyway, enough rambling smile

Time to end this with a question for all to keep discussion going.

Does anyone else stock something because of their location or the way they were brought up? (Feel free to share 1 or more :))

If so then share what it is and why you do it.

One I can think of for me is Quaker Oats, I buy it when it's $1 off or so stores for long and provides good food since I eat it daily smile